Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted information from one report but not others

tag
vfree
Established Member

Deleted information from one report but not others

Hi Everyone, I hope I get help here I am new to the forum. My credit score is 417 I've started working on my report to make it better and I hope that it will.  I have a tax lien that I am hoping to resolve soon. Collections I'm paying for this week (thank you God).  So my question is there are items on Equifax that were deleted but are still on the other two reports.  I disputed them did I do the right thing? Or do they take them off based on equifax just wondering thank you all so much.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deleted information from one report but not others

@vfree wrote:

Hi Everyone, I hope I get help here I am new to the forum. My credit score is 417 I've started working on my report to make it better and I hope that it will.  I have a tax lien that I am hoping to resolve soon. Collections I'm paying for this week (thank you God).  So my question is there are items on Equifax that were deleted but are still on the other two reports.  I disputed them did I do the right thing? Or do they take them off based on equifax just wondering thank you all so much.

Welcome to the board! They will not take them off based on another bureau removing them, you do need to dispute them and the dispute should always be done by US Mail CMRR to retain your legal rights. Is this 417 score a true FICO score??

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@vfree wrote:

Welcome to the board! They will not take them off based on another bureau removing them, you do need to dispute them and the dispute should always be done by US Mail CMRR to retain your legal rights. Is this 417 score a true FICO score??

Huh?

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@vfree wrote:

Huh?

All disputes with a CRA should always be in writing thru the mail certified mail return receipt, you need a paper trail behind you if you ever have to file suit or complaints against them. Paper trail is only way to really retain your rights.

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you dispute online you will still have a trail if you ever needed it.

You don't lose any rights by not doing it via mail which is what it sounds like you are saying.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon why the information was deleted by one CRA.

If deletion came about as a result of a dispute filed with that CRA in which the furnisher determined that they could not verify the accuracy of their reporting, then they were required to also provide that result to all other CRAs to which they had also reported the information.  It is not sufficient to simply respond back to the CRA handling the dispute.  The CRA handling the dispute is not obligated to inform the other CRAs.  That obligation is placed on the furnisher of the disputed information. FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

However, if a furnisher voluntarily chooses to delete with only one CRA, there is no requirement that they also delete with all other CRAs.

There would be no basis for a dispute of the remaining reporting based on lack of or deletion of reporting with other CRAs.

Message 6 of 8
vfree
Established Member

Thank you for the reply.  I appreciate and yes that is my score I really don't know what to do to raise it.  Today I just spent 600 to pay lots of bills and I ended up doing all the disputes online (i found it easier and faster).  Has anyone been successful at raising their score from the low 400's to a "normal" one and how long does it take?

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the accounts you are disputing are accurately reporting, you should not dispute at all.

Just because a collections is paid is not a reason to dispute.  It can still report as paid.

Yes, there are many that started with very low scores and are now 600+.  But there are correct and incorrect ways of doing things.

If you let us know exactly what accounts you have in mind, someone can help you out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.