Established Member
audiovibe

Deleted items and fico score

After an item is deleted such as a collection when would a fico score change take place?  would the score change the same day the baddie fell off?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ-765
TU-751

Contributor
uktaurusbulba

Re: Deleted items and fico score

It should fall off as soon as it is reported. I guess it depends on the party involved and how fast they get on it.
Moderator Emeritus

Your FICO score is based on a snapshot of your current report.

So, as soon as you purchase a score, if the account is no longer appearing, the score you get will reflect that.

FICO scoring has no "memory", meaning it doesn't remember what was/wasn't there last time you purchased a score, so is only based on what is currently on your report at the time of purchase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Member
audiovibe

thanks for the replys!!

Sidewinder I was hoping you wernt going to say that as I had a collection GW and there was no score change.  The collection was from 02 and was reaged when I paid it off last year.

thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ-765
TU-751

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}