cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted public record still showing

tag
Tirzah

Deleted public record still showing

We disputed a court judgment/public record  with all 3 credit bureaus and got letters from all 3 saying it will be deleted. We have credit monitoring with all 3 bureaus and it disappeared from all of them. It has not reappeared. Today I logged into credit karma, haven't been there since July and it still shows up there on both mine and my husbands. We have letters post marked from Trans Union, which they say they use, on Aug 6 saying it has been deleted and a new report from them and it does not show.

Why does it still show on there? What do the lenders see?  What should I do?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Deleted public record still showing

I believe credit karma only updates every 6 months. I could be wrong. 

Message 2 of 10
Tirzah

ok, that would make sense. Thank you!

also, I know there are fico's and fako's but transunion scores for me are 120 points different and 50 different for hubby between credit karma and our monitoring scores,  Since the report for Karma  is so out dated what should I trust as a closer score. There are several other things on there that have since been removed.

Message 3 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You always want to pull your reports directly from the CRA's. Fako's are just for educational purposes and are not used by any lender I know of.  you can pull your scores here. The TU from myFICO which is TU98 is an older scoring model that is rarely used anymore by any lender. The current TU scoring model is TU08, TU04 is still being used. 

Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the status of the actual public record itself?

Was it a vacated judgment, or does it still appear in the public records?

What was the basis for the dispute, which leads to the question of why did the CRAs agree to delete?

If it is still in the public record, the CRAs independently review those records to investigate the accuracy of a dispute over it inclusion in your CR.

Tough to compel deletion or contest reinsertion if not vacating from the public record, other than to rely upon whatever basis the CRA gave for deletion.

Message 5 of 10
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

CK updates weekly.
Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 10
Tirzah

ok then why does it show on credit karma and no where else, not on any hard copies that the credit bureaus sent, not on any obtained from anualcreditreport.com and on no monitoring services? All of the copies we got in the mail  after we disputed says item deleted. When we started out credit repair journey it was on all three bureaus.

The reason that we disputed is that it does not belong to us so when the credit bureaus researched they agreed it is not ours.

Message 8 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A finding of not yours is a pretty solid dispute outcome, and I agree would mandate deletion and prevent reinsertion without some later reversal of their finding.

To reinsert, they would need to provide some express statement of verification of the accuracy.

I would file a complaint with them, providing the results of their prior reinvestigation, and asserting that since they have provided no verification of accuracy to you, they are prohibited from continuing to include that info in any credit report they issue.

If they dont promptly respond, I would send a formal complaint to the CFPB for including information in your CR that was found to be unverifiable in a prior dispute.

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If it's only showing on CK and not on the actual CR's pulled directly from the bureau, then it's CK pulling it from wherever they get their data. Third party CMS' are for educational purposes only. Likewise the CS they provide are not FICOs.

Your dispute appears to be with CK and their data gathering.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.