tag
rross
New Contributor

Deleted

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone experience a boost after 1 year with no lates?

How late are your lates ? In general I think that 30 day lates lose their FICO® ding fast than other lates. Other than that it is hard to predict.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
How late are your lates ? In general I think that 30 day lates lose their FICO® ding fast than other lates. Other than that it is hard to predict.

Not only does scoring look at how old the lates are but also the severity of the lates (30, 60, 90 days etc.) and how many are reporting at the same time. All of that is calculated.

So if you could give a little more information?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My latest SW report moved my payment history to "GOOD"  since it was 3 years, 1 month since last missed payment.  It was always "not good" until I hit that 3 year mark.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Booner ~ did you see any kind of FICO score boost associated with moving into the "good" range ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 7
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I had a paid collection dated 1/2011 (the month I paid). On 2/1 of this year, I got a bump of 7 points on my SW FICO. The reason given was aging of major derogatory. I assume the two are related, as my other delinquencies (including the account that became the collection) are all from July of 2006. Not sure how that compares to a 30 day late.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 6 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Yes, here is an example from my experience:

My husband has overall clean credit and his only baddies are a few 30-day lates from about 6 years ago and then, he forgot about three student loan accounts coming out of forbearance last January, so he go hit with three 30-day lates for Jan 2011. When those accounts just updated for February, he received a SW alert that his score had gone up 5 points. Not a huge jump, but nothing else changed on his report so the 1-year anniversary of those 30-day lates was the only things we could attribute it to.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.