Anonymous
Not applicable

[Deleted]

[Deleted]

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Closed Account with negative CL reporting original CL?

I can't speak to how you see it online, but in terms of FICO, HSBC is reporting that your balance is $3833 and your CL is $4600. The only negative I see are the 30s. When you close an account, it's normal to keep reporting the CL. It'll still factor into CC util up to the point it is paid off. Once you PIF, the CL will remain at $4600, but FICO will ignore the CL from utilization calcs.

I don't see any indicator that it was CO'd...only late by 30 days.

Account closed by credit grantor means they closed it. It's not a negative remark and doesn't mean it was CO'd. I have a few CCs that reported that way as the CCC got bought or sold. It's not a bad thing. If it were CO'd, it would report as "charge-off" or something like that in the comments. And you'd have worse lates than a 30.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Deleted]

[Deleted]

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Deleted]

[deleted]

Message 4 of 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Closed Account with negative CL reporting original CL?

They can do that and do it all the time.  Maybe a consumer's credit profile changed.  Somtimes it's the consumer who does it because they don't like a change in terms (APR increase, new annual fee, etc). The account gets closed as is and continues to be a part of util until it's paid off. 

I had a Tribute Mastercard in my early rebuilding days.  Opened in Feb 2008 and closed that summer because they were "discontinuing" the Tribute Mastercard.  Had a $2300 limit and a $1750 balance when they closed it.  It happens. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Deleted]

[Deleted]

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.