Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Delinquent Accounts??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting Delinquent Accounts??

I have five accounts that are all closed and paid off that are still on the report from 2005 late payments.  I had a transitional period job wise and fell behind in payments.  I have had no late payments since 2005. However, these 5 late payment accounts remain on the reports.  They are all paid off and closed.

Can I do anything to get them off my credit report?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting Delinquent Accounts??

Since they are paid then you dont have alot of leverage, you could have done a PFD however like you said they are paid.......its time to start sending out GW to them....who are the creditors, I may have some backdoor email addresses for them, or you could use the back door numbers on here, however I like to do things on paper, I prefer paper trails and its a better opportunity to state your case.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, GW letters are probably your best bet.  I am in a similar position as you.  I too have paid off my debts and am now trying to get the negatives removed via GW letters.  If only I had known about this forum before I paid them off I would have learned about PFD, but now I can only send GW's.  I sent out 3 letters a few weeks ago and two of them were busts, but Target National Bank was successful, so it  is definately worth it to be persistant.  Good luck to you!! 

Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have five accounts that are all closed and paid off that are still on the report from 2005 late payments.  I had a transitional period job wise and fell behind in payments.  I have had no late payments since 2005. However, these 5 late payment accounts remain on the reports.  They are all paid off and closed.

Can I do anything to get them off my credit report?

Hello and welcome.

I agree that GW's are your only option because they are paid. If you get rejected keep trying. Send them to different people and different departments.

Are these lates 30 day lates? 60? 90? I ask because 30 day lates will have lost most of their punch as far as hurting your score.

Monthly delinquencies under an OC account drop at 7 years from their individual date of delinquency. The date of first delinquency (DOFD) has nothing to do with these drop-off dates. They drop from their own individual dates. So look at each prior OC reported monthly derog date, and simply add 7 years.

If these lates all happened in 2005 they should all be gone by the end of 2012 even if you can't get them deleted early.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the insight. I figured the GW letters were my only option as opposed to waiting another two years.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you hooah07. Probably the one you may have a contact with will be Bank of America. The others is Bank of Oklahoma and a Boeing Credit Union account. Any help would be appreciated.  When I do GW letters, who do I send them to?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are some impressive scores devil dog.  I am at 677,677,709. Need to move up and I think those 5 accounts are what's holding me back.  Everything in the last five years is paid on time and I have paid off alot of debt.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give this a shot:  edited

Unfortunately we can't post others' info, like direct e-mail, names, etc. on these forums. However in the future feel free to PM that info back and forth. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are some impressive scores devil dog.  I am at 677,677,709. Need to move up and I think those 5 accounts are what's holding me back.  Everything in the last five years is paid on time and I have paid off alot of debt.

May I ask where you got your scores? No one has been able to pull their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com (If you look hard enough) and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.