cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a charge off thru a dispute....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting a charge off thru a dispute....

Would it help my score if one of my baddies gets deleted thru a dispute? its from 2006, anyone had experience with that?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deleting a charge off thru a dispute....

@Anonymous wrote:

Would it help my score if one of my baddies gets deleted thru a dispute? its from 2006, anyone had experience with that?

What would be the basis of the dispute?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just disputing it as wrong debt because my credit report is showing the same account in good standing from before.  I hope it will help my score.

Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just disputing it as wrong debt because my credit report is showing the same account in good standing from before.  I hope it will help my score.

I guess I'm confused (which happens very often). You say this is a CO but earlier reports show the account in good standing? Are you saying it hasn't been reported as a CO from 2006 until recently?

Message 4 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am unclear as to what this statment means. You have this account showing twice?! Once positive and once negative? I am confused..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am unclear as to what this statment means. You have this account showing twice?! Once positive and once negative? I am confused..

-scott

Yea i know its weird, but it does show it twice.  So it was easy to dispute.  I also disputed my HSBC card, since they were bought out i figured it will be hard for them to validate the debt in a timely manner.

Message 6 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

-scott

Yea i know its weird, but it does show it twice.  So it was easy to dispute.  I also disputed my HSBC card, since they were bought out i figured it will be hard for them to validate the debt in a timely manner.

It is showing twice. Which one is the correct one?

is it the negative debt or the positive debt?

Just because you chose to dispute the negative doesn't mean it is wrong. And when eOscar runs the dispute, if the OC confirms the negative debt, it isn't going to come off just because you chose the good debt over the bad debt. The likely end result is both will continue to stay on.

In addition, HSBC accounts are managed by Cap1, and all reporting transfered over to them. This debt will 100 percent validate if it exists. I have an HSBC account, two in fact, and Cap1 has already made the change on my credit reports, which means they are johnny on the spot.

-scott

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten accounts off my CR before by disputing, doesn't matter whether they are valid or not, if they are pretty old there is chance to get them off, because the CRB take longer then 30-45 days to respond. 

Message 8 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have gotten accounts off my CR before by disputing, doesn't matter whether they are valid or not, if they are pretty old there is chance to get them off, because the CRB take longer then 30-45 days to respond. 

Actually it does matter. Only items you feel are truly incorrect should be diputed. The forum's Credit repair Discussion Guidelines state:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read it, thanks for the reference.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.