Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting tradelines

Hey guys, so my scores have been fairly stagnant and I've been gardening since my last 3 accounts opened in Apr, may, and june respectively. I've been debating whether or not to ask cap1 to gw delete one of my tradelines as that's the only one currently on my cras with more than 2 lates on it. The only issue with that would be it was my very first credit card opened in 2011 and only 1 of 2 cards with over a year of age. I do have three student loans open which show 8 years of age now. I'm wondering if it would make a better impact on my score without the "serious delinquency" listed as a factor and this account gone. Currently it shows 4/2/2 for 30/60/90 times late on TU and 9/5/3 on EQ. The EQ is more realistic as for whatever reason Ck is only showing that accounts history from 2013 onward for TU. Aside from this account there were only 2 other accounts ever late. One was a 30 day that came from dealer trade in and payoff being late (This hits one year in dec) and a bestbuy account which had 2 30 day lates (most recent one in June 16 and Aug 2015)

Should I consider trying to have cap1 remove it? I'm thinking it would definitely benefit more to have good payment history than derogatory long term and take a loss on account age. Currently my AAoA is 3 years and 9 months which will take a hit as my other accounts are much more recent. And for anyone that has ever gotten the TL deleted, was it a difficult thing to ask for?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting tradelines

Good luck with cap1 doing a gw I tried to have late payment gw in last month would not do it and they were at a time of my wife death and they reported to cra as a dispute
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good luck with cap1 doing a gw I tried to have late payment gw in last month would not do it and they were at a time of my wife death and they reported to cra as a dispute

Attempting one goodwill request is not doing it correctly.

I have an active credit card that is sitll open that went 120 days late 3 times years ago.  I sent hundreds of letters, emails and faxes before they finally wiped my lates clean entirely.

I had a chargeoff with a balance and I hammered the OC to pay it off directly (for almost 6 months).  After I paid it off, I hammered them hardcore to delete the TL.  They said no about 40 times.  Finally one day I woke up to alerts that my score went up significantly -- the account was deleted from all 3.  They never replied to my request, but they obviously did it.

I have one unpaid collection from 2017 that I've spent over 30 hours negotiating PFD over the phone and in writing.  They were trying to work with me.  This week, they deleted it from all 3 CRAs without payment, and it's back in the OC's hands so I am paying it off before they assign it to someone else.

Credit rebuilding isn't clicking a dispute online or sending one goodwill request by phone.  It takes work.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your correct about staying on them but with I have sent to CEO and every address they have
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them again every month, and use Google to try to find some VPs or other CxOs to write to.

2017 success stories do exist:

There's no rhyme or reason why one person approves a goodwill adjustment and another 10 deny it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.