Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deletion success!

I have been GW'ing comcast trying to get them to remove the ca to no avail. Last night I said well I might as well trying to GW the collection company directly. Through about three hours of research I discovered four emails of top officials in the company. A couple I guessed with how many letters they use for first and last name. This morning I got an email from the company with a PDF file attached. The file is a letterhead from the company stating that they are deleting the account from all three cra's. 

That is two out of 4 ! I am 2 1/2 weeks into the first GW that worked waiting for that one to drop off. Now this comcast ca should drop off in 3-4 weeks. 

I am applying skills from a couple of my college classes and getting some very good success. I admit I have become some what obsessive about this but I have a feeling I am not alone on that. Smiley Very Happy

It can happen guys! Keep at it!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor
CanOnlyGetBetter
New Contributor

Re: Deletion success!

Congratulations!

I know what you mean about being obsessive.  My boss, who is an attorney and I use her to bounce ideas of off, says that I have developed OCD when it comes to my finances!!  Smiley Very Happy  If she asks me to go to lunch with her, I always have to check my budget file first to see where I am and if I can squeeze out $10 for lunch!

Starting Score: TU: 606 EQ: 600
Current Score: TU: 658 EQ: 661
2011 Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CanOnlyGetBetter wrote:

Congratulations!

I know what you mean about being obsessive.  My boss, who is an attorney and I use her to bounce ideas of off, says that I have developed OCD when it comes to my finances!!  Smiley Very Happy  If she asks me to go to lunch with her, I always have to check my budget file first to see where I am and if I can squeeze out $10 for lunch!

Yeah i hear ya.  I'm becoming the same way.  I finding out now that after i do all the necessary spending to cover groc, rent, food clothing etc for the kid/myself, car maintance/insurance,utilities, union dues  what i have left staring at me for my discressionary spending ain't pretty.

Sometimes i missed the days of living beyond my means but that sure did come with it's share of consequences... hello myfico

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deletion success! in 20 minutes

Make that 3 out of 4! I just emailed a GW letter to a collection company's president. The collection was a paid medical account. I really did not feel like doing the hippa process, especially since I already paid the CA instead of the OC.

20 minutes later. I get an email saying it will be deleted :-) That has to be a record!

Message 5 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

I wonder if thats becae HR 3421 just passed meaning health care records must be removed once paid

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has offically passed?

Message 7 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

No. It has made it through committee.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this through google news. Simple search

Supposely it had a hearing on the 27th.

http://assets.newamerica.net/blogposts/2010/medical_debt_relief_act_gets_a_hearing-34747

I saw your posts about how it was out of commitee and did not think it was passed.

Ekk

Just found this.

Repub withdrew support . http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/other/111201-marchant-pulls-support-for-medical-debt-relief-bil...

Message 9 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.