Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion vs (Early) Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deletion vs (Early) Exclusion

Been lurking on the forums for a while and have learnt a ton. 

Was wondering from a reporting perspective what the difference is between deletion and early exclusion.  My understing is, if you are granted early exclusion or exclusion after 7years + 180 days, your actual full report can still show baddies especially if unpaid. 

How is this different from if an OC deletes the account that was supposed to fall off in 2years?  i had a CU delete a baddie via GW after paying this in full. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deletion vs (Early) Exclusion

@Anonymous wrote:

Been lurking on the forums for a while and have learnt a ton. 

Was wondering from a reporting perspective what the difference is between deletion and early exclusion.  My understing is, if you are granted early exclusion or exclusion after 7years + 180 days, your actual full report can still show baddies especially if unpaid. 

How is this different from if an OC deletes the account that was supposed to fall off in 2years?  i had a CU delete a baddie via GW after paying this in full. 

If the OC deletes its gone and doesnt show up in any full factual reports that may be run, its like it never existed. Yes excluded derog items can still show up on your full factual reports especially unpaid but most are deleted at the 10 year mark just like the good positives are.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a follow up question; how about accounts that are deleted via dispute? Are they treated the same as OC deleted items?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just as a follow up question; how about accounts that are deleted via dispute? Are they treated the same as OC deleted items?

yes

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.