cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion!!

tag
Tia_Tulip

Deletion!!

I pulled my 3 scores in December and realized I had a collection with Unique National Collections.  Score was 666  --I know, rightSmiley Surprised

On Jan. 17, I made a payment to my library (the OC) after speaking to the nice CSR at Unique who told me to pay the library and not them.  I'd read on this forum that the new policy for Unique is to delete the baddies as soon as the debt is paid.  So I waited anxiously and have been refreshing my EX report almost daily, score at this point is 679 due to lowering of cc util. to 0%.  I refreshed my report yesterday evening and the collection was still there. Smiley Sad  I'd wanted to wait another few days to refresh my report to prevent further disappointment and give the CA a chance to report.  I had this impulse/feeling/urge/instinct to refresh it today, so I did....

The collection was GONE Smiley Surprised.Smiley Very Happy..  POOF--DELETED, nowhere in sight AND my score jumped 25 points to 704Smiley LOL!Heart!!  I was soooo happy I wanted to cry (and eat chocolate).  

I'm nominating Unique as the best CA, any other nominations??

Scores are EX Plus (FAKO?) scores.  I want to pull myFico scores, will this score be the same for Experian under myFico, or can I expect it to be different??  I'd rather not spent $20, for a score I already have. 

My credit has moved to the tele floor.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Deletion!!

Congrats @ deletion!!!!! That is so much better than just having noted as paid.....lol. As for the score differences, my EX FAKO is usually a few points higher (less than 10), but pretty close to myFico. An expert will chime in soon!! Congrats again!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Funny you should make a post about them because I have a collection with them as well I wanna get squared away but on my credit report there is no number listed. So you paid the library directly and then what number did you use to contact Unique? You can PM it if need be.

Also, congrats on the deletion! I wonder how many points my $45 dollars is holding me down.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Woooohoooooo congrats!!!!
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.