Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions... How long does it take...

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Deletions... How long does it take...

From your guys' experience... When a creditor agrees to delete a TL from all 3 and deletes it...

Does it get deleted from all 3 on the same day or some bureaus take longer than others?

I got something deleted off my EX and EQ few days ago and TU is stuck.

Just share your experinces with time delays in regards to deletions.

TIA!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deletions... How long does it take...

From my experience, it can sometimes take a while before all 3 credit bureaus reflect the same information. I'm currently waiting on EX to catch up with what TU and EX have reported for the past 2 months, and usually TU is the worst one for me!! I'd just double check that they agreed to remove whatever they're removing from all 3 CRA's as I've had to stay on top of this before in the past.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 2 of 12
Booner72
Senior Contributor

All my deletions were done within a week.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get the deleted so fast?

Message 4 of 12
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Once I had the CA agreeing to delete, that was all it took.  It took EQ just a couple of days and the rest followed suit.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What steps did you take to get the CA to agree to delete? I've already paid these collection accounts.. should I first dispute via one of the credit bureaus?

Message 6 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What steps did you take to get the CA to agree to delete? I've already paid these collection accounts.. should I first dispute via one of the credit bureaus?

Don't dispute if reporting accurately. Send a GW letter if the collection is paid. A GW is often faster than a dispute anyway.

Message 7 of 12
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

I disputed two that I knew were reporting correct. One of two got deleted. Even if the reporting is done correctly, if its been a while since that correct reporting was done, there is a chance they wont validate when the bureaus contact them to validate after you dispute it with them. GW also works, of course.

Message 8 of 12
amh783
New Contributor

In my experience, my FAKO from freecredit will reflect the deletion first, then a few days later I'll get a Score Watch alert (only if it changes my score). I give it a few days, and then I usually cave and buy a new TU and EQ report. So, I would say, within a week of seeing it appear on my FAKO. 

With the deletions I've had, one shwoed up on FAKO the next day and one showed up a week later.

Starting Score: April 2011: EQ 606 TU 585 EX FAKO 574
Current Score: Dec 2012: EQ 738 TU 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
timkrof
Contributor

I just had one deleted today from EX and EQ.  I've heard from multiple sources it takes 30-45 days.  Mine amazingly enough took exactly 45 days.  I've noticed that updates such as Paid In Fulls show up much quicker.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.