cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions... How long does it take...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deletions... How long does it take...

Thank you for all your help -- this forum is amazing.. I've learned more in 1 day then in 10 years. My newbie question and just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: a "CA" is a Collection Account? Actually, is there a place where all the acronyms discuss in this forumn are explained? It seems there are a lot that people use (I want to be speaking the same lanugage).

And lastly - the GW letter in terms of best practices.. is this sent to the collection account that the originator sent the account to. Example: Wells Fargo account goes into collection.. its send to ABC lawfirm. I pay ABC lawfirm to settle the account. At this point do I send a GW letter to both Wells Fargo and ABC lawfirm or just ABC lawfirm. Thanks. 

Message 11 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deletions... How long does it take...

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all your help -- this forum is amazing.. I've learned more in 1 day then in 10 years. My newbie question and just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: a "CA" is a Collection Account? Actually, is there a place where all the acronyms discuss in this forumn are explained? It seems there are a lot that people use (I want to be speaking the same lanugage).

And lastly - the GW letter in terms of best practices.. is this sent to the collection account that the originator sent the account to. Example: Wells Fargo account goes into collection.. its send to ABC lawfirm. I pay ABC lawfirm to settle the account. At this point do I send a GW letter to both Wells Fargo and ABC lawfirm or just ABC lawfirm. Thanks. 

Common Abbreviations

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

GW letter Q&A, Examples, and GW Success Stories

GWs are always sent to whomever is reporting that TL. So, if a CA reports, and it's paid, then the GW goes to the CA. It's possible to have the OC report as well, you'd have to send a second GW to that OC as well.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.