Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletions

tag
guardmama04
New Contributor

Deletions

Should I fax over letters to the Credit Agencies that I have recieved from a couple of CO that state they are going to delete? Will that speed up the process?

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Re: Deletions

No, it's up to the creditor or collection agency to discontinue and delete the reporting. If after 45days nothing has changed, I would send a standard usps letter stating you have not yet seen the removal they agreed to.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs should only delete information reported by a party upon instruction from that party.

Additionally, if the statement of promised deletion includes any reference to deletion based on satisfaction of the debt, that is directly contrary to the written policy of the CRAs, and could do more harm than good.

When the creditor reports deletion, they dont have to provide any reason, and thus the issue never surfaces.

I would wait for them to report directly.

Message 3 of 4
guardmama04
New Contributor

Thank you for your input, I will wait it out.

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.