Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinq due to Medical Emergency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delinq due to Medical Emergency

Greeting Everyone,

I had travelled overseas and got stuck in Pak due to an accident and then Medical Emergency. I had couple surgeries but I was not able to return to the US until now. During this time of emergency starting April 2016-July 2016, I could not make any CC payments. I asked a friend of mine to make CC payments using my BOA account but he somehow locked my BOA account. BOA then required me to come to the branch to reactivate the account. Unfortunately, I was not able to travel to the US due to the surgery and recovery procedure.

Due to this unfortunate situation, I have been late on my all CC payments. I have also noted that couple CC have been closed. Please note that I have had perfect payment history since the opening of those accounts up until this April when the emergency had taken place.

It is not my intent to seek an easy way out from this debt, but I rather want to restore my responsibility and pay it. I humbly ask for your advice to restore my accounts while eliminating the reporting of those late payments.

1- I would like to know if there is anyway I can restore my CC accounts and credit history and try to catch up?

2- Is there anyway I can remove those late payments by providing documentation of the emergency and surgery?

Responsible credit is very important to me as I have three kids who I care for. I will really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delinq due to Medical Emergency

If I were you I'd gather all your records of your emergency, make copies and write some letters to the executive level offices of each of your cc companies. 

Call customer service for each one first, explain what happened - and tell them you do have proof that you were experiencing a medical problem outside of the country and can send it to them.

If they do not respond empathetically, I would document that in the letters to the executive offices and mail that out.

I am so sorry that this happened to you! I hope you are well now and that all this gets sorted out.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your guidance. 

I am also trying to figure out if closed CC could be reopened. As three of the accounts have been closed last month.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They would not be required to reopen any accounts, but hopefully they will considering the circumstances.

Message 4 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I really hope they work with you on this. If not, then it would be a good thing for you not to be with them anyway in my opinion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And please let us know the outcome. We all are sending positive vibes to your favor.

Message 6 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

I have read a few posts of people having success with late and fee removals due to ICU stays. Give it a try... you will probably have a positive outcome on one or more accounts.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

I have read a few posts of people having success with late and fee removals due to ICU stays. Give it a try... you will probably have a positive outcome on one or more accounts.

off-topic: I love Prism

Message 8 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

off-topic: I love Prism

+1

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.