cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquency removals?! please help...

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delinquency removals?! please help...

FICO gods see a collection as a collection, whether PIF or not. The only thing that will lessen the impact on your score is the account getting older but you obviously don't have time to wait on that so bombard them with GW's until they can't stand seeing your name any longer. I would still suggest looking into what the military might be able to do to help you out. When I was in the N.G. I know that my CO was a really good guy and he actually personally picked up a couple of guys who didn't have transportation at the time. I'm not suggesting you ask your for a ride but maybe he/she can help influence the CA's decision if he/she can go to bat for you.
Message 11 of 18
Dirtbk80cc
Established Member

DaBears,

Yes, they closed the accounts because of the late payments.

750orbust,

Should I definitely ask for a delete of that bestbjuy credit line? Would that improve my score or drop it? I am so nervous because I feel like everything is a gamble with the scoring of a credit report.  

It's so hard to maintain/improve good credit and so EASY to ruin it Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 18
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

A collection is a collection is a collection!!! If it says collection on your CR, deleting it will do nothing but increase your score. Depending on the age of the account will determine how much. If memory serves from what I've learned here, collections are NOT factored into your AAoA so don't worry about having it deleted. Nothing but good will come of it.
Message 13 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1 collections have no affect on your AAoA. As stated try to get them deleted. 

Message 14 of 18
Dirtbk80cc
Established Member

i just spoke with an Executive Customer Relations representative of Bank of America and all they keep telling me is that "noting can be removed or changed because they have to report everything accurately according to the FCRA." How do I talk to them into removing the negatives? What am I missing here? they say the CAN'T do that at all, but it has been done many of times. If it can be done, why do they keep telling me there is no way than can do it?  

:'(  I spoke with 9 different people alread and nothing... maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing?

any ideas?

Message 15 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

At this point if they are not going to do it, then it is what it is. Like I said earlier in my posts. The FCRA does say the information has to be reported correctly what it doesn't say is that they are NOT required to report at all.

Message 16 of 18
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

those are two companioes that are hard to GW in my opinion, I send over 100 GW letters and emails to Executive office of capital one and got the same response. I gave up with capital one and will wait for it to fall off.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 17 of 18
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

I've been reading about people having success with the online chat method at getting Cap1 to delete. Maybe it's worth a try.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.