cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquent CC Accounts- PFD

tag
Rango3629

Delinquent CC Accounts- PFD

New member here. Unfortunately I am in a credit pickle and looking for advice. I have 2 credit cards that are outstanding. See details below. My question is... I want to negotiate a PFD with the CA on the one card but the other card, can I negotiate to have any negative information removed with the OC since it hasn't gone into collections. I need to clear this up ASAP. I have the money to pay both in full so I feel there is some room for negotiation here as it is a sizable amount.

Capital One: $1,066.26
Past 120 days, with CA now

Discover Card: $6,122.54
90 days late, still with OC

Is there anyway to negotiate having all negative reporting with the OC and CA? I'm 26 and fell into some financial and health problems last year. Will be opening a business soon with a partner. Any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
deltagirl99

Re: Delinquent CC Accounts- PFD

All I can tell you that in my case, Discover went absolutely Medieval on me.  In the end it was only a very good lawyer with the threat of bankruptcy that they negotiated a settlement, so I wouldnt count on any help from them.  I was treated so poorly that I nor any of my family will never own a Discover card ever again.  In short they put me through shear hell, knowing full well my circustances which were totally out of my hands.

Message 2 of 5
Rango3629

Oh well that's comforting. Geeze! I can pay the full amount for both right now but want to make sure I take the right steps before I pay it and have it in all reporting.
Message 3 of 5
Charnele1989
Contributor

Ask if you pay in full can it be deleted in Goodwill.

Starting Score ( ASHAMED) -557 03/18/14 (04/05/14 577)
Experian 588 Transunion 651

NEW SCORE 04/23/14
TU 671 EX 655 EQ 603
Short term 650 across the board
Long Term 750 across the board
Message 4 of 5
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Rango3629 wrote:
Oh well that's comforting. Geeze! I can pay the full amount for both right now but want to make sure I take the right steps before I pay it and have it in all reporting.

Since you have the money why not just contact them and ask them for a deletion as a gesture of GW if you pay in full. to the OC, I would simply call them and explain your situation. Advise them that you will gladly pay off the account in full, and ask them to remove the TL

In the case of the CA, send them a letter asking for a PFD. Remember, the letter should not contain any "dispute" ore negative wording. YOu need them more than they need you at this point since, I am assuming, the debt is still within the SOL.

By asking, the worst they can say is No. But after all, you already have a "No" without asking.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

EDIT: Edited as it was all messed up. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.