cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquent account deleted, but no credit bump?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delinquent account deleted, but no credit bump?

I have a CitiBank credit card from years and years ago that they transferred it to collections. The collection never showed on my credit report, but the balance on the account did. I finally have the money to pay the collection's settlement offer, so I sent a PFD request (why not try?) which I haven't heard back on.

Now the account is deleted from Transunion. That's several thousand dollars and a derrogatory account gone, but I saw no bump in my credit score. Does it take a while to improve scores, or is there something I'm missing?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delinquent account deleted, but no credit bump?

You may have been rebucketed. This happened to me with another creditor as well. Over time the score will come back up.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MortgageMinded wrote:
You may have been rebucketed. This happened to me with another creditor as well. Over time the score will come back up.

Interesting. I had to Google the term as I'd never heard of it before.

The theory is, then, that my credit report has changed significantly enough to move to a different "bucket" of consumers? I've removed ~$15,000 worth of debt through payments and simply paying attention (a $2,000 collection for a medical bill I had proof of payment, an old foreclosure that suddenly saw the balance increasing by $500 each month, etc). I saw a huge bump the last time a big chunk came off.

I'm still not sure why it was deleted, which worries me.

With respect to all that, I just paid off my vehicle loan. Now I'm curious what's going to happen when that is reported as closed and paid off. 

Message 3 of 8
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

It is possible.... I have also had things deleted one month only to reappear 2 months later. Sometimes the CRA's don't update the numbers in a timely fashion either.

I've also have had this happen during the middle of the month and at months end it went up (albeit not significantly as it dropped when the item hit my CR).

There are many posts on rebucketing on this forum. Hey if its gone, hopefully it stays gone!!!! Congrats!!!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Changes to a credit report would immediately affect ones credit score. The score is just a snapshot in time of whats in your CRs and its constantly moving to the info being reported to your CRs.

Message 5 of 8
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Collections-Removed-No-Credit-Score-Update-ye...

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 6 of 8
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id​/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ...

Message 7 of 8
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Check this out:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Delinquent-account-deleted-but-no-credit-bump...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.