Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquent account listed as current?

tag
mspiggybank
New Contributor

Delinquent account listed as current?

Hi All,

I just started the process and I've been poring over my reports and looking for inaccuracies. I'm trying to get a handle on the proper strategies for each of the baddies on my report. One thing I noticed is that Plains Commerce Bank is listed as a current account on my report even though I haven't made a payment since 2008. I opened the account in 2004 and was never late until I lost my job in 2008. The last payment I made was July 2008. 

Is there a reason this account is listed as Current on my report? Does that mean it is counting against my utilization? Copy of the report is below. I've highlighted in red the parts that are most confusing.

Thanks in advance!

PLAINS COMMERCE BANK/C

Current

Close Account Details
800-208-5095
2101 W 51ST STE 34
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57105
 Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Account NamePLAINS COMMERCE BANK/CPLAINS COMMERCE BANKNo Data Returned
For This Bureau
Account #[deleted by me][deleted by me]
Account TypeCredit CardRevolving or Option
Balance $0.00
Date Opened9/1/20049/1/2004

Account StatusClosedOpen 
Mo. Payment  
Past Due  
Payment StatusAccount transferred to another officePays account as agreed
High Balance $1,510.00
Limit$1,510.00 
TermsRevolving 
CommentsTransferred to another lender or claim purchasedACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD
CREDIT CARD
24 MONTH PAYMENT HISTORY

20062007           2008          
DECJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDECJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOV
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK306090120
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKKDOKOKOKOKOK

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Delinquent account listed as current?

@mspiggybank wrote:

Hi All,

I just started the process and I've been poring over my reports and looking for inaccuracies. I'm trying to get a handle on the proper strategies for each of the baddies on my report. One thing I noticed is that Plains Commerce Bank is listed as a current account on my report even though I haven't made a payment since 2008. I opened the account in 2004 and was never late until I lost my job in 2008. The last payment I made was July 2008. 

Is there a reason this account is listed as Current on my report? Does that mean it is counting against my utilization? Copy of the report is below. I've highlighted in red the parts that are most confusing.

Thanks in advance!  

If I am reading this correctly, the balance is zero, meaning you either paid it, or it was charged off.  Did you pay it off in full?  If not, is there a matching collection account for it?  If it was sold or transferred, who owns the debt now?

It looks like Exp shows it as closed, but Eq shows it as open.  I'm not sure if that hurts you at much...  Even if it counts toward utilization they are reporting a 0 balance.

Your best course of action is to find out who owns it now, and negotiate a PFD.  Then, goodwill the heck out of the original creditor until they take the lates off or delete entirely.

Message 2 of 6
mspiggybank
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. I think it is owned by Palisades. That is the only thing on my report that has a balance around that amount. I have a judgement from them but there is nothing listed on the actual report. I was wondering what Palisades is, but now it makes sense. So you suggest that I send a PFD to Palisades right away?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It has a zero balance.  It also states it was sold or transferred to another lender.

A CO will not always have a 0 balance, only if it has been sold.

Is this showing up under your accounts in good standing or negative accounts?

Have you paid the judgment?

Message 4 of 6
mspiggybank
New Contributor

@guiness56

I just doubled checked the report I got from USAA's credit monitoring system. It is listed as current and good in Experian and Equifax. It is also listed as a negative closed in TransUnion. (I didn't notice the transunion notation when I wrote the first post.)

On the TU report it says balance $1659, past due $339. Payment status is "charged off as bad debt" with the comment "purchased by another lender."

I have not paid the judgement at all. My delinquent accounts were triggered by my unemployment and I ended up moving to another state for work (from IL to NY), so I never received any paperwork regarding the judgement.
Message 5 of 6
mspiggybank
New Contributor

Any suggestions on my next step with this issue? Should I send a DV letter or just jump straight to the PFD letter?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.