Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financial Account Closed - Should I pay off or how otherwise repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell Financial Account Closed - Should I pay off or how otherwise repair

Hello:

For years I have had a Dell Financial Account which I have kept in good standing until some hardship over the last couple of years. This account has been closed by Dell, I still have a balance of $1400, and it has dropped my 740+ scores to around 650.

I have the finances to pay off the card in full, but would like to know:

1. Would they reduce the total amount if I paid in full?

2. Since it is closed and has affected my scores, should I let this just go to collections and negotiate a reduced amount?

3. Should I pay in full and how could I write, dispute to increase my scores?

4. Will paying in full with no other action increase my scores?

All advise is appreciated and thanks.

-Cashew

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Dell Financial Account Closed - Should I pay off or how otherwise repair

I wouldn't let it go to collections. Dell sales a lot if not all of thier accounts  to Midland and they are one of the worse collections agencies to deal with.

Is the account just closed or Charged off?

Too many to list..
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account is closed. It has not been sent to collections.

Any chance they would write a letter stating I was never late and all is good if I offer to pay the full amount?

Thanks for the help.

-cashew

Message 3 of 4
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i had a similiar situation.  mine was closed for inactivity, although i had missed a payment here and there as well. i kept the balance for a while and the interest was killing me so i eventually paid in full. you asked about negotiating with them if you pay in full.  i tried.  this will be hard.  if you call them you'll be calling india and needless to say, there is a communication gap.  you might be able to write but i don't think you'll have much luck.  their interest is high and they know they have the negotiating power over you. good luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.