Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Financial Services, Capital One and Citibank Student Loans GW Letters

tag
triumphcountry

Dell Financial Services, Capital One and Citibank Student Loans GW Letters

Hi everyone,

I'm new to being active on the forums, but I have used the advice from several members here for years. 

Long story short, I have spent the past 4-5 years repairing my credit, much like everyone else. I first went into debt consolodation and payed off $20k worth of debt. I then re-opened a new Capital One card in the summer of 2011. Since then I have accounts with Chase (Freedom and Amazon), Discover and American Express (platnium). My score has increased from the high 400's to just under 700, but I cannot seem to break into the 700 club.

My first cc when I was 18 was Capital One and it has a 30 day late and a 60 day late. I have emailed the CEO and written several GW letters only to either never hear back or hear, "It is our policy to report accurate information. This information is accurate, thus we cannot remove it." I have gone through the same process with Dell Financial Services, which is reporting my account as a CO and settled for less than the full amount, something I don't remember agreeing to. The supervisor I am working with keeps telling me that there is nothing he can do, but he continues to "look into it." The Dell account was opened in 2006, defaulted in 2009 and was paid in 2010. Since it was paid in 2010, Dell is stating that they will report it until 2017. I understand the 7 year statute and that it is up to the discretion of the company to remove a tradeline.

My CitiBank Student Loans account was PIF in 2011 and was opened in 2006. It has several 30's, 60's and 90's because I thought I was in forbearance, when I clearly wasn't. As soon as I realized the account wasn't paid, I called them and PIF immediately. I have written GW letters to Citi and I have tried to call but can't seem to locate someone who works in SL department since they sold it off. I have also emailed various addresses and have yet to hear back. I'm at a loss.

I understand that it is my fault for having let accounts fall behind, however that is not who I am today. All of my accounts are always PIF and are never, ever late. I carry high balances on my AMEX and still pay everything in full. I just want to see if anyone on the forums has any luck with any of these companies as the only 3 baddies I have are with Cap1, DFS, and Citi Student Loans. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
triumphcountry

Re: Dell Financial Services, Capital One and Citibank Student Loans GW Letters

I just received update from the Capital One Exectuive Office that they will remove my 30 and 60 day delinquencies! Woohoo. Now just to try to find someone to extend the same leniency with Citi Student Loans and Dell Financial Services. If anyone has any times for either company, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Message 2 of 6
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Cap One is on my list with a 30 day late. Do you mind PMing me your approach and who/how you contacted with what content?? Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@CBARR82 wrote:

Congrats! Cap One is on my list with a 30 day late. Do you mind PMing me your approach and who/how you contacted with what content?? Thanks!

I would also LOVE that information!  Great job on your lates being removed!

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 4 of 6
triumphcountry

I sent an email to the CEO of Capital One via an address I found here on the forums. In the goodwill email I explained that the past is not indicative of who I am today from a financial aspect. I reminded them of my current Capital One credit account which has been PIF, on time, every month for the past 3 years. I also pointed out my 12 months of perfect credit for my previous account that I was trying to get the 2 lates removed from and then reinforced that I have current Capital One 360 accounts as well as Sharebuilder accounts. I wanted them to know that I value them as a company and if they could find it in their hearts to value me as a customer, I would be eternally grateful. I also said that I was shopping for a mortgage and why this was important, and all that jazz. The guy I worked with was super nice and helpful and he gave me the good news after he put in a request. WIth all that said, I don't think I did anything special. Smiley Happy Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 6
EtereoX
Valued Member

Would you mind PMing me that Capital One address? It would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.