Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied PFD, now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied PFD, now what?

I've taken a recent interest in trying to get all the bad marks off my credit as I'd like to potentially buy a house in the coming months.

I have 3 accounts with CA's.

One is Medical that my insurance company has payed and is in the process of being removed (yay!).

Two is a Gas bill I didn't have the money for when I was in college. (First reported 03/2008)

Three is a parking ticket I got while in college. (First reported 11/2006)

The first one is going to be taken care of.

The second I sent a PFD letter and have gotten no response. 

The third I sent a PFD letter and they will not remove it and also claim I have four more unpaid tickets.

I did not DV the second two because they are my debts and I believe I should pay them; just not at the expense of further hosing my credit.  

What should I do now?

I'm not afraid of getting sued, I have enough money to pay them (gas bill is ~$600 the parking tickets are ~$200)

Is it worth while to try and talk to the original creditors to see if they can pull them back from collections? Does this ever work?

Is there any kind of status that's better then unpaid that will help my score/report? (I know having the times changed to more current will hurt)

Thanks,

Josh 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Denied PFD, now what?

It depends upon whether the OC stills owns the account, or has sold the debt to the CA.

Does the OC account now report a zero balance?  That will tell you whether they have simply contracted a CA to collect for them, or whetehr they have sold the debt to the CA.  If they sold the debt, they wont talk to you.

Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've taken a recent interest in trying to get all the bad marks off my credit as I'd like to potentially buy a house in the coming months.

I have 3 accounts with CA's.

One is Medical that my insurance company has payed and is in the process of being removed (yay!).

Two is a Gas bill I didn't have the money for when I was in college. (First reported 03/2008)

Three is a parking ticket I got while in college. (First reported 11/2006)

The first one is going to be taken care of.

The second I sent a PFD letter and have gotten no response. 

The third I sent a PFD letter and they will not remove it and also claim I have four more unpaid tickets.

I did not DV the second two because they are my debts and I believe I should pay them; just not at the expense of further hosing my credit.  

What should I do now?

I'm not afraid of getting sued, I have enough money to pay them (gas bill is ~$600 the parking tickets are ~$200)

Is it worth while to try and talk to the original creditors to see if they can pull them back from collections? Does this ever work?

Is there any kind of status that's better then unpaid that will help my score/report? (I know having the times changed to more current will hurt)

Thanks,

Josh 

As Robert said the OC might consider pulling the account back if it has not already sold it. I know myself that it does happen. Don't ask why.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC still owns the debt and has only assigned the debt out to a CA for collections, then by all means attempt to deal and pay directly to the OC.

If the debt is CO and sold to the CA, then the OC really cannot accept the payment and even if they do, the CA does not have to recognize it because they legally own the debt.

PFD is like GW.  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.  Many successes have been reported when the same polite GW or PFD was sent in each month like clock work.  After some time, suddenly it was accepted.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a message via the Gas Company's website last week and heard back from them today. They agreed to take the account back! Thanks all!

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a message via the Gas Company's website last week and heard back from them today. They agreed to take the account back! Thanks all!

That's good news. You were pulled back from the jaws of the shark. Smiley Very Happy  Hopefully you can resolve this quickly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.