Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Cell Service so I'm asking

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Cell Service so I'm asking

I've applied for those deals you see to get new iPhones or even the 2nd newest one at a highly discounted rate when you sign up for service with Sprint/Verizon etc.

I tried multiple times over the last few years finally I've vastly improved my score (from 450 across the board to 630 EX 650 TU and 665 EQ FICO) I just want to know what score is usually the minimum to qualify for those offers I'm still on my rebuild but the info would be helpful.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Cell Service so I'm asking

Not really answering the question but consider going another route, esp if T-mobile is good in your area they have a hidden plan $30 for unlimited data and 100 minutes of talk.  We got a MagicJack and their app works great for calls if WiFi/cell is strong enough, and if not, use the cell minutes.  You just gotta buy a phone (unlocked iPhone 5S was like $200 from Amazon).  It'll sure save huuuge money in the long run.

Sorry it doesn't really answer the question, just trying to save you some bank; if they're gonna finance that $800 "free" phone you'll be paying for it for sure.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I want Sprint and they have a switch and get half off rate plans deal so my monthly would be $40 for unlimited everything. The only thing is the phone because of my credit they wanted (this was a year ago) a $300 deposit and I'd get that $800 phone for $150 including taxes plus the $300 deposit that's $450 Smiley Sad

And I see all these other bonus deals for "well qualified customers" like one is you'll get a $200 gift card at Target and this and that. I just want to qualify for that. I could get a referbished 5s on Groupon for $150 but I want at least a 6s especially because the 7 just came out.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling they weigh more than just the score. My score is lower half of the 600's and I was approved with AT&T with no deposit.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this was when my scores were at or below 500. I started the year at 490 now I'm around 650. I just wanted to know what I'd need for the best offers.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, yea, if you don't have any recent derogs, I think you're safe to apply.

Message 6 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

Maybe suffer through some Straight Talk for awhile.     :]

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

650 is good enough for a decent home loan why shouldn't it be the same for cell service to the point where I'd have to go with Walmart's brand Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it online ‼️‼️
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do what online ?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.