cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dentist bill. Paid collection.

tag
pmdevin

Dentist bill. Paid collection.

A few years back  while I was on a deployment my wife had taken my daughter to the dentist. So we were billed $180 that was not covered by insurance. I never saw the bill until it was sent to collections because of my absence. I have since paid the collection and was wondering what my options are. From reading posts on here I figure the only thing I can do now is GW. Is this correct?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Dentist bill. Paid collection.

I have called the ca and asked them nicely to delete.  Two agreed to it.   Explain to them that you were deployed.

They're heartless if they cannot help out someone who provides us with freedom and safety.

Message 2 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

And Thank You for your service! 

Message 3 of 5
pmdevin

Thanks for the reply. And it was an honor to serve our country. I just got off the phone with American Profit Recovery and they gave me the usual "We can't remove it from your report" and I replied that yes you can. So instead of arguing with him I think I'll try a letter. It's only $180 which I paid in full, what more do they have to gain by continuing to report this collection?

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send that GW letter.  If it doesn't work, send another.  Yes, they can delete.  They must report accurate information, however, nothing says they have to report anything at all.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.