Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depressed and Confused about Situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Depressed and Confused about Situation

try it yourself first. Plenty of us have had success on our own.

Message 11 of 14
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anne1208 wrote:

Ok, I will try it then! 

Has anyone used a debtor's lawyer to do this?  I feel like since it is about the ins and outs of HIPAA that maybe having an actual attorney communicate this info to the agency may be helpful... 

Use the information that you found on Internet on in this forum and send the HIPAA letter yourself.  You don't need extra expense for no reason.  Also why did you just find out about the Time Warner collection.  If they sent the letter to the wrong address, you have an even greater chance to get the collection removed.  I've seen some people file disputes with CBAs and get removed if wrong address is the case.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Anne1208 wrote:

Ok, I will try it then! 

Has anyone used a debtor's lawyer to do this?  I feel like since it is about the ins and outs of HIPAA that maybe having an actual attorney communicate this info to the agency may be helpful... 

Use the information that you found on Internet on in this forum and send the HIPAA letter yourself.  You don't need extra expense for no reason.  Also why did you just find out about the Time Warner collection.  If they sent the letter to the wrong address, you have an even greater chance to get the collection removed.  I've seen some people file disputes with CBAs and get removed if wrong address is the case.

This is true. I have disputed collections on my CR due to no notice of the debt. It was a small paid collection, but all of them removed it immediately.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't quite had the luck of this type of dispute, but if it works, go for it!! 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.