cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depressed, confused, all comes with having bad credit!

tag
WallowinginVA
Established Member

Depressed, confused, all comes with having bad credit!

I have been reading here for some time and on other sites as well, unfortunately, reading too many, has confused the bejesus out of me!! I really want to clear and clean my credit but really dotn know where to begin. It's funny, I make about $130K, no auto payment, no mortgage, $2100 in rent (paying abot $1100 of it) and the typical utility bills. Oh I do have 1 credit card, that I was hoping can help me rebuild but it really is a scam!

Should I pay off or settle on the following to clean up my credit? What can I do?

Any advise will surely help!

TransUnion Experian Equifax- Past Due: $0     -High Balance: $412   $412 -Terms: -Limit: $300 $250   -Payment:     $0 -Opened: 03/31/2004 03/2004 03/2004- Reported: 10/13/2006 10/13/2006 10/2006- Responsibility: Individual Individual Individual
Equifax- Past Due:     $696 -High Balance:     $696 -Terms:     -Limit:       -Payment:     $0 -Opened:     12/2007- Reported:     07/2009- Responsibility:     Individual Equifax- Past Due:     $724 -High Balance:     $724 -Terms:     -Limit:       -Payment:     $0 -Opened:     05/2007- Reported:     06/2009- Responsibility:    

Individual

I am not even sure who the last one is as it doesnt state, but you can see the 2nd one and the 3rd one just recently reported.

SHould I try to find which CA is handling it and settle?

Thanks! If I am in the wrong forum, please let me know and I will gladly go on the right one.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Depressed, confused, all comes with having bad credit!

I'm having trouble reading that - it looks like everything ran together.  Any way you can line it up so we can see it better?

I know it's overwhelming, but you can do this - just take it one thing at a time.  (Says the girl who started two weeks ago.)  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Depressed, confused, all comes with having bad credit!

I agree with the previous poster, it's very hard to read that way.  You would be better served by just saying which CA it is, the amount of the debt, and the date of first delinquency (DOFD).  If you haven't already, go to annualcreditreport.com to get your free credit reports directly from the credit bureaus.  You can help yourself by getting another credit card or two.  Instead of getting another rebuilder card, look into getting a secured credit card with a local credit union or prime lender.   This way, you can establish a high credit limit tradeline that will unsecure after a period of on time payments.  Depending on the bank or credit union, you can establish a line up to 10k, to be backed by your savings account deposit. If you've only had that rebuilder card for a few months, then it really wouldn't hurt you to cancel it.  Also read the stickies on State Resources, What Steps Do I Take?,and Credit Scoring 101, for more information.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.