Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dept of Ed Updated...SW Update?

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Dept of Ed Updated...SW Update?

I got a SW Account update Alert yestserday that the US Dept of Ed updated my account from currently "120 days or more Past Due" to "Currently Pays as Agreed."  They had been reporting this incorrectly since January and have updated to reflect the correct information, which has been paid in full since January.  How long does it take to hit my score?  I'd impagine a pretty decent bump for an update like that!? This was the my only account that wasn't reporting Currently Pays as Agreed.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dept of Ed Updated...SW Update?

SW would have provided your new EQ FICO that instant. If you had a status change, then that would trigger a new score along with the alert. I would pull EQ from somewhere to see if the lates are still there.

If the lates aren't there, then do you have any other major baddies that were added or updated since the loan reported the way it did? Law of diminishing returns comes into play in that as you add a major baddie you get dinged heavily. But adding a second results in a lesser hit. And then even less going further. I've seen posters in here remove 2-3-4 CAs with no point change, but they also have several others reporting.

Message 2 of 3
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Dept of Ed Updated...SW Update?

Thanks for this info.

My baddies are continuing to lessen...nothing new has been added. 

I have 2 remaining paid collections on my report. 

I have another student loan that reported a 90 day late and a 120 day late a year ago.  Those are my most derog. 

I was surprised to not see any score movement from this.  They even removed one additional late (120) for me as a "sorry for reporting incorrectly." 

Bummer.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.