Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatories Impact on Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derogatories Impact on Credit Scores

I am rebuilding my credit after my husband suddenly passed away September 2014. I have eleven derogatories that all have been paid in full. The death is the catalyst that put credit card accounts and 1car loan (I voluntarily turned in to the local dealership) on my credit report.  The good thing is that the dates of deletion on my reports are close together. They will all come off between 09-2020 and 04-2021. I understand from this forum that the impact on these will slowly fade over time. My Fico is 598, TU 623 and EQ 628. I was wondering from someone else's experience what can I see my credit scores do?  Will I ever be able to hit a "good" credit score before the 4 yrs are up?

All my current accounts are in excellent standing. Santander car loan opened 03/2016 $22,000-Capital One Quick Silver $2,000 CL-Milestone $300.00CL-WalMart $400.00CL Marathon $250CL BoA $12,500CL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatories Impact on Credit Scores

@Anonymous wrote:

I am rebuilding my credit after my husband suddenly passed away September 2014. I have eleven derogatories that all have been paid in full. The death is the catalyst that put credit card accounts and 1car loan (I voluntarily turned in to the local dealership) on my credit report.  The good thing is that the dates of deletion on my reports are close together. They will all come off between 09-2020 and 04-2021. I understand from this forum that the impact on these will slowly fade over time. My Fico is 598, TU 623 and EQ 628. I was wondering from someone else's experience what can I see my credit scores do?  Will I ever be able to hit a "good" credit score before the 4 yrs are up?

All my current accounts are in excellent standing. Santander car loan opened 03/2016 $22,000-Capital One Quick Silver $2,000 CL-Milestone $300.00CL-WalMart $400.00CL Marathon $250CL BoA $12,500CL

What it may peak at is anyones geuss, but you may see 700 before they all drop off, but probably not much more than that. It all depends on whats being reported, and your UTI%.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatories Impact on Credit Scores

So far, I am purposely keeping utilization below 10%Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.