cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory Account: 7 years from which date? (+1 other question)

tag
IchiEmperor

Derogatory Account: 7 years from which date? (+1 other question)

Greetings!

I just pulled my report from here and I have 6 derogatory medical accounts (they are all paid in full). However, they are still dramatically hurting my credit. The dates presented on the most recent is: 

Date assigned Nov 01, 2006

Date reported Jun 01, 2009

Date last active Jan 01, 2006

So my first question is: which of these dates is used to determine when the accounts will be dropped from my record in 7-7.5 years?

Also, three of the records are from the same collection agency, for the same tendered services (i.e. one bill, but each "line item" generated a new delinquency). Is this legitimate? Or should I contact them and ask them to consolidate the reports into one?

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers,

Rob

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Derogatory Account: 7 years from which date? (+1 other question)

@IchiEmperor wrote:

Greetings!

I just pulled my report from here and I have 6 derogatory medical accounts (they are all paid in full). However, they are still dramatically hurting my credit. The dates presented on the most recent is: 

Date assigned Nov 01, 2006

Date reported Jun 01, 2009

Date last active Jan 01, 2006

So my first question is: which of these dates is used to determine when the accounts will be dropped from my record in 7-7.5 years?

Also, three of the records are from the same collection agency, for the same tendered services (i.e. one bill, but each "line item" generated a new delinquency). Is this legitimate? Or should I contact them and ask them to consolidate the reports into one?

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers,

Rob

For medical bills you need to know the actual date for any office visit or service rendered. That's when the time starts.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.