Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory Collection Filed on Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derogatory Collection Filed on Credit Reports

So I just recently checked my credit report through Equifax and saw that my Derogatory Collection Filed was gone...? It was issued by PSEG around a year now because I forgot to make my final 2 payments on the electrcity bill in my college apartment. When I checked my credit report through TransUnion just 2 months ago, it was still there. Does this disappear after a year??? Or is Equifax just inaccurate? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Derogatory Collection Filed on Credit Reports

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just recently checked my credit report through Equifax and saw that my Derogatory Collection Filed was gone...? It was issued by PSEG around a year now because I forgot to make my final 2 payments on the electrcity bill in my college apartment. When I checked my credit report through TransUnion just 2 months ago, it was still there. Does this disappear after a year??? Or is Equifax just inaccurate? 

Has nothing to do with CRA accuracy whomever was reporting the info deleted it for whatever reason. Negative info can be left on ones CR for 7.5 yrs from the DoFD.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.