cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deseparately Need Help Fixing My Credit...PFD, Removing Judgement, What do I do?!

tag
iyanlafixmycredit

Deseparately Need Help Fixing My Credit...PFD, Removing Judgement, What do I do?!

Hello,

here is my deliemma.  I'm deseparately trying to repair my credit.  I have 10 delinquent accounts (7 of which i paid via settlement) and a public judgement listed on my three credit reports.  through research I wrote some goodwill letters, along with submitting online disputes and was able to get the public judgement removed from my experian report and 5 other delinquent accounts removed from my equifax report.

now i'm stuck. of the remaining 3 outstanding balances i have i've been offered by one creditor to pay $600 (auto loan) thats due to continue being reported until 10/2016 and ive been offered a settlement for the public judgement thats also due to continue reporting until 2017.  I've read a lot of conflicting information on these sites and to be honest I'm afraid i might undue the little progress I've made.

what should I do?

Current Score:636 EQ, 657 EX, 655 TU 05/16
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: BOA cashRewards ($500); Amex ($3K)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deseparately Need Help Fixing My Credit...PFD, Removing Judgement, What do I do?!

The judgment you have to take care of, I would make a deal with them that includes vacating the judgment once its been satisfied. A vacanted judgment is off your CRs. One the others if they are past your states SOL you can either do nothing, send a FOAD letter or make a settlement offer. I suggest you also read up on Forms 1099-C which may affect your taxes for settled/Canceled debt.

Message 2 of 4
iyanlafixmycredit

Re: Deseparately Need Help Fixing My Credit...PFD, Removing Judgement, What do I do?!

Gdale, thanks for the advice.  I actually filed a motion to vacate the default judgement on my own (pro se) about a month ago and it was denied by the judge (he has been known to be partial to collection law firms). If i do as you suggested which is submit a letter to the law firm asking them to vacate the judgement upon receiving an agreed upon amount from me will this work considering my previously denied motion?

Message 3 of 4
iyanlafixmycredit

bump....if anyone could help me in this area it would be great.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.