Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate Help Needed!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Desperate Help Needed!!!!

I made the terrible mistake of paying off old collections without negotiating a deletion.  What was I thinking.  Can someone please tell me the next step I need to do to get them removed from my credit?

Alpat Collections- payment after chargeoff/collection

Asset Acceptance LLC- Payment after Charge off/Collection

Enhanced Recovery Company- Payment after chargeoff/collection

National Credit Systems- Payment after chargeoff/collection

WFNNB/Avenue- Payment after chargeoff/collection

World Finance- Payment after chargeoff/collection

Security Finance- Payment after chargeoff/collection

Has anyone had to deal with these companies?  

Any assistance I can get will be desperately appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Desperate Help Needed!!!!

I haven't dealt with any of those companies specifically.  Only thing you can do now that they are paid is to ask for goodwill removals.  I will say my GW removals did not come until at least a year after the charge off and many months after the payment.

Don't get frustrated.  Try GW letters and if they don't work this time, try again in a couple of months.  In the meantime, make all of your payments on time and don't apply for a lot of new credit.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Desperate Help Needed!!!!

OP, welcome to the forums!

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Ditto. I'd send GWs to all CAs asking for a deletion. For the WFFNB, send a GW if that account isn't your oldest or among your oldest TLs. If the DOFD of that account is approaching 7 yrs, then I wouldn't do anything to it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.