Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for HELP!!! - Midland Issue...Again

tag
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Desperate for HELP!!! - Midland Issue...Again

So I'm still dealing with Midland and just had my CR pulled by my Credit Counselor and low and behold Midland, whom I settled with in 3/13 has added two 90-Day Lates, one for 1/13 and one for 2/13. My issue here is that they are a collection agency and I did NOT have a payment arrangement with this company. I sent a DV in January and a PDF in February but both to no anvil, that is why I called in March to settle the account. My question here is can they do this and what can I do to have it corrected as I am trying to get my credit to where I can apply for a mortgage in July/August. Please Advise!

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
426MW
New Contributor

Re: Desperate for HELP!!! - Midland Issue...Again

Midland is the devil on earth.  They intentionally poison our CR's with false information.  They lie and skirt the system in the gray so it works for them. 

IMO they are in clear violation of FCRA.  They will pretend they are an OC and try and play by the FDCPA rules too.  I would suggest a retainer on a consumer law attorney, send them an ITS and watch them buckle.  Trying to fight them alone is an impossible task.  I had zero success with them after almost a year long battle.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever road you travel down with MCM, Midland or whatever they go by this month.

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Thanks for your responds 426MW, Midland seems to be pretty terrible. They continue to leave a dispute status on my report even though I have requested to have it removed and have received a letter stating they have removed it. Just so aggravated.

Has anyone out there had any luck with a similar situation with Midland?

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 3 of 4
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Bumping this thread just in case this turns out to be my case too! Settled with Midland earlier this month. Before I paid they were already reporting 120+day late and behind on payments when I was never on a payment plan. Waiting for it to be updated as PAID to continue further with having it removed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.