Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for help

tag
Yodafer
Established Member

Desperate for help

Any chance of getting a mortgage before summer?

Experian 579

Transunion 577

Equifax 633

Multiple collection/charge offs all fo which will be paid within the month of March.

I have 2 new credit cards that I just paid off the balance to 0 last week (my scores were pulled before then when they were at 100% util.)

I know the paying off of the 2 credit cards will imprve my scores, and paying off the charge offs/collections may even hurt my scores.  Is there a chance to get my scores up to mid 600's by June?

No bankruptcy or judgements.

student loan paid on time - never late

car loan paid on time - never late.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Desperate for help

@Yodafer wrote:

Any chance of getting a mortgage before summer?

Experian 579

Transunion 577

Equifax 633

Multiple collection/charge offs all fo which will be paid within the month of March.

I have 2 new credit cards that I just paid off the balance to 0 last week (my scores were pulled before then when they were at 100% util.)

I know the paying off of the 2 credit cards will imprve my scores, and paying off the charge offs/collections may even hurt my scores.  Is there a chance to get my scores up to mid 600's by June?

No bankruptcy or judgements.

student loan paid on time - never late

car loan paid on time - never late.

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Yes, a mortgage is always possible before summer. It'll take some work, some time, and effort. Aim for 650 across the board.

Paying your charge-offs and collections won't improve your score. There are steps you should take to ensure than when you do pay, your scores will increase. Read the links above.

Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You're lucky - you found this forum before you paid your collections and chargeoffs.  Read everything as llecs said and then make your moves = ideally all negatives will be removed via PFD (etc) as they are apt to negotiate since they want your money.

I found this forum 2 days AFTER I paid everything off, and I did get the house, but I'm still cleaning up my wreckage.

Since you have high utlization and no public records, I also agree it is possible. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
Yodafer
Established Member

thank you for the responses.  I disputed alot of the older collections, because honestly I dont even recognize the names of them and dont know what they are for.  2 were deleted the next day from Transunion, which I thought was kind of odd since they couldn't have had time to even investigate, total between the two was about $100 so maybe thats why?.  The rest are pending and I probably wont know for a few weeks the outcome of that.

I did contact 1 creditor that I knew was definitely a valid debt and they agreed to a do a pay for delete, I will be paying that next week.

What happens if the credit bureaus come back and says the debt was not verified? Does it just get deleted then?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.