Desperate!!!!

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Desperate!!!!

Do ANYONE have a contact name or address for the following CA's

Portfolio Recovery

LVNV

I am having the HARDEST time trying to achieve a PFD with these two CA's.  I am just at wits end!!!!!!

Please either list or PM me.

Thank you than you thank you in advance.... 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: Desperate!!!!

bump

Message 2 of 13
UpandUp
Contributor

Be sure you've read the sticky threads about SOL for you state, etc before dealing with these guys.  I have an active collection with Portfolio that is outside of SOL for my state, and will drop off of report in June, yet they insist they will not PFD.  So if you get anywhere with them, please share

My mistake, I misread the name, I have an active with Calvary Portfoliy Serivices that they will not PFD.  I had an active with Portfolio Recovery of $1075, they settled for $874.68 and removed from my reports.

Portfolio Recovery AFFIL   120 Corporate Blvd. STE 1, Norfolk, VA 23502 800 722-1413

Message Edited by UpandUp on 04-14-2009 10:18 AM
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 3 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@UpandUp wrote:

Be sure you've read the sticky threads about SOL for you state, etc before dealing with these guys.  I have an active collection with Portfolio that is outside of SOL for my state, and will drop off of report in June, yet they insist they will not PFD.  So if you get anywhere with them, please share

Portfolio Recovery AFFIL   120 Corporate Blvd. STE 1, Norfolk, VA 23502 800 722-1413

I Will.  I am inside SOL but I am tired of looking at them on my report.  If need be I will just have to do without a pfd.  I am well aware that a unpaid vs paid collection is the samewhen dealing with FICO but the threat is too great for my taste of them taking legal action as the amount due is now over $1000.00.  I have seen on other posts that a couple people have had a contact within Portfolio and have asked via PM for the contact info but they are not sharing I guess.  Oh well.  

Message 4 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@UpandUp wrote:

My mistake, I misread the name, I have an active with Calvary Portfoliy Serivices that they will not PFD.  I had an active with Portfolio Recovery of $1075, they settled for $874.68 and removed from my reports.

Message Edited by UpandUp on 04-14-2009 10:18 AM

Congrats to you!  Did you use the same address?  Do you remember the name of the person?  Did you calll them?  I am sorry for all of the questions but this one particular CA keeps me up at night for the last few nights.  How were you able to settle?  did you do it via mail or phone?

Message 5 of 13
UpandUp
Contributor

Hi Aquatic,

Before I tell you what I did, let me put out this disclaimer so my fellow credit repair brethern don't jump all over me.  I started working on my credit reports before I signed up to this site and did some research on my own (outside of this site) regarding a course of action and do not necessarily recommend it.  That said, here's what I did:

1. I called the CA only once to verify the amount owed and to attempt to get a settlement figure

2. I did NOT offer anything during that phone call.  They tried to get me to pay during the call ( they always do),

but I told them I needed to check my finances, blah, blah, and would get back to them.

3. I then wrote out a check for the settlement amount and included a restrictive endorsement on the check

that indicated them cashing it freed me of my obligation and that they would remove from all reports (I know

I shouldn't have used my personal account, but I did, also gurus on this site will tell you that restrictive

endorsements are not always honored in all states I'm in CA)

4. They cashed the check, and they stopped reporting within two weeks of doing so

Again, I don't endorse this, but you've asked me what I did.  I didn't get a specific person's name, they always transfer you to the person that "owns" your account. 

Message Edited by UpandUp on 04-14-2009 11:00 AM
700 Club, here I come!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Aquatic,  how did you manage to raise your score that fast?
Message 7 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@UpandUp wrote:

Hi Aquatic,

Before I tell you what I did, let me put out this disclaimer so my fellow credit repair brethern don't jump all over me.  I started working on my credit reports before I signed up to this site and did some research on my own (outside of this site) regarding a course of action and do not necessarily recommend it.  That said, here's what I did:

1. I called the CA only once to verify the amount owed and to attempt to get a settlement figure

2. I did NOT offer anything during that phone call.  They tried to get me to pay during the call ( they always do),

but I told them I needed to check my finances, blah, blah, and would get back to them.

3. I then wrote out a check for the settlement amount and included a restrictive endorsement on the check

that indicated them cashing it freed me of my obligation and that they would remove from all reports (I know

I shouldn't have used my personal account, but I did, also gurus on this site will tell you that restrictive

endorsements are not always honored in all states I'm in CA)

4. They cashed the check, and they stopped reporting within two weeks of doing so

Again, I don't endorse this, but you've asked me what I did.  I didn't get a specific person's name, they always transfer you to the person that "owns" your account. 

Message Edited by UpandUp on 04-14-2009 11:00 AM

thank you so much for letting me know how you did it.  I am going to start by sending a PFD letter and go from there.  I have no probleem with calling them at this time as I will not be paying over the phone as the money I am holding on to to pay these people is in my sister's account so that I don't find another thing to pay off before them.  I am determined to have Portfolio Recovery out of my life by the middle of June and not a day later!!  I can wish right?!

Again, thank you for telling me your process.  One more questions, when did you do this? 

Message 8 of 13
UpandUp
Contributor

12/29/2008: Was the date the check cleared my account.
700 Club, here I come!
Message 9 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey Aquatic,  how did you manage to raise your score that fast?

My increases had to do with getting medical debt paid off and going through the HIPAA process over on the Medical debt forum.  I also was able to get a duplicate Judgement deleted through dispute.  I am waiting for two other CA TL's to be deleted as well.  

The only issues that I have is LVNV and Portfolio and of course the HUGE issue is that I really have NOTHING on ym credit report to offset the negative....no active CC's of any kind but that is what happens when all your cards are charged off for por choices!  But hey, at least I am trying! 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.