Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately Needing Advice with Verizon

tag
TM0312
New Contributor

Desperately Needing Advice with Verizon

Last baddie on my credit report now that Midland deleted, but it's a big one and I have NO IDEA where to begin.

Long story short, I called Verizon in Mar 2011 to close an account I had with them.They told me at the time they would mail me a final  bill . I was moving, and honestly, I forgot all about it and never received the bill. Apparently, the account was never closed and two years later a negative item posted on my credit report for $2045.00.

I contacted Verizon and went round and round, finally giving up. So, now, here  I am.

I want this gone! Does anyone have any advice on dealing with Verizon? I know I am still within my states SOL on this account and Verizon still owns it as far as I know. 

Should I start by sending a DV or just try a PFD?

I am really lost on this one, so any advice is greaty appreciated! Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Re: Desperately Needing Advice with Verizon

you dont DV the OC

you could try a PFD for full amount or even a settlement amount.  If they dont agree you can always try again after a few weeks.  Otherwise if you want it gone you will have to just settle/PIF and then hope for some GW , if its within SOL  you could always call them and see what you can work out with them.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@TM0312 wrote:

Last baddie on my credit report now that Midland deleted, but it's a big one and I have NO IDEA where to begin.

Long story short, I called Verizon in Mar 2011 to close an account I had with them.They told me at the time they would mail me a final  bill . I was moving, and honestly, I forgot all about it and never received the bill. Apparently, the account was never closed and two years later a negative item posted on my credit report for $2045.00.

I contacted Verizon and went round and round, finally giving up. So, now, here  I am.

I want this gone! Does anyone have any advice on dealing with Verizon? I know I am still within my states SOL on this account and Verizon still owns it as far as I know. 

I would file a billing complaint with some kind of EO or the BBB before working on a payment arrangement.  I've been in a similar situation with Time Warner cable; they double-billed me for high-tier cable internet for several months because I'd forgotten to return an obsolete modem.  After I had them pull up my usage history, which showed zero usage on that modem for the months in question, their argument lost steam and they eventually caved.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Does that amount include unreturned equipment? If so, you can still return it & they will revise the balance. I had that same problem with them that I was trying to resolve since October & just recently did...after staying on top of them. 

@TM0312 wrote:

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
diva_1515
Valued Member

Verizon is my last baddie too. I wrote them a letter asking them to verify that the account they were reporting belonged to me and they never responded. I have disputed the account with all 3 bureaus and wrote them all letters asking them to remove the item.

It hasn't been 30 days so I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.