Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately need HELP Please

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Desperately need HELP Please

My son in law has asked me to help him with his credit scores.  So I am looking at his Credit Karma Account, under collections and well, I really need some help! 

Is it correct for all of these collection agencies to be on his credit reports ALL of them having the SAME collection amount and 2 of them reporting twice!!??? I mean same day, same amount, same credit reporting agency.

I have no clue what ERC is trying to pull with 11 ATT, I have never heard of that.

Should he dispute with credit reporting agency or BBB or CFPB??  His score dropped 32 points!!!

ERC
11 ATT 2,038 Last Reported Sep 02, 2015
ATT $2,038 Last Reported Sep 02, 2015

INTEGRITY SOLUTION SERVICES
ATT $2,038 Last Reported Sep 02, 2015 - Reporting twice on Equifax only

CENTCREDSERV
ATT $2,038 Last Reported Sep 02, 2015 Transunion Only Reporting once

PINNACLE
ATT 2,038 Last Reported Oct 27, 2013
ATT 2,038 Last Reported Sep 29, 2013

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Desperately need HELP Please

First step is to find out who actually has collection authority. Call ATT and find out if they still own the account (they most likely do) and who it's currently assigned to. Then go online and dispute the other duplicate entries with the comment "Collector does not have current collection authority for this account". If the assigned collector has two entries for it, pick one that seems to be most accurate, and dispute the other as a duplicate entry.

Message 2 of 3
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Re: Desperately need HELP Please

@Anonymous wrote:

First step is to find out who actually has collection authority. Call ATT and find out if they still own the account (they most likely do) and who it's currently assigned to. Then go online and dispute the other duplicate entries with the comment "Collector does not have current collection authority for this account". If the assigned collector has two entries for it, pick one that seems to be most accurate, and dispute the other as a duplicate entry.

So dispute with the credit reporting agencies? 

ERC is the most recent added to his report according to Credit Karma it was added after August 26th. 

I just don't understand what ERC is trying to pull with having 1 ATT collection and then another with 11 ATT collection, that doesn't make any sense to me.

So we'll dispute all the other's since ERC is the most recent.

Thanks Norman!

Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.