Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately needing advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Desperately needing advice

Long story short, I have ruined my credit score. I can't even get approved for a credit card at Lowe's. I am desperately wanting to get the ball rolling on fixing the damage I have done, but I don't even know where to start. Most of the negative info on my score are write offs and unpaid credit cards. Do i need to get some professional help here? Or is this something I can do myself? Now it's 3rd party collectors calling me instead of the actual people that I owe money too. I will add that I am only 25 years old, and my credit has been very bad for about 4 years now.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Desperately needing advice

Hello, it is good that you recognize you need help and are taking control. Don't fret. It will take work and TIME. But you can do it.

This may get moved to Rebuilding forum, you can look there for a lot more advice!

If you list exactly what's on your reports (take out any personal info) it will help people give more specific advice. What you owe, to whom, collection agency, date of first delinquency, statute of limitations in your state, etc.

Message 2 of 11
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Hi badcreditguy....You came to right place for help.  As the other poster said, you would do well to search the Rebuilding section of this forum.  Also, more information would allow us to give more specific advice.

Give us a run down of your report...no account numbers and such, just the details.  List the good accounts and the bad.  We will see if we can help!

Message 3 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Moving thread to 'Rebuilding Your Credit' for additional exposure...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Long story short, I have ruined my credit score. I can't even get approved for a credit card at Lowe's. I am desperately wanting to get the ball rolling on fixing the damage I have done, but I don't even know where to start. Most of the negative info on my score are write offs and unpaid credit cards. Do i need to get some professional help here? Or is this something I can do myself? Now it's 3rd party collectors calling me instead of the actual people that I owe money too. I will add that I am only 25 years old, and my credit has been very bad for about 4 years now.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Anyone can fix their own credit. It takes time and patience. Follow this board to get great advice and support. A big advantage is that you're only 25! Start by telling us your exact situation.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help every one.. as soon as I get off work i will write a more detailed post of the issues
Message 6 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all the help every one.. as soon as I get off work i will write a more detailed post of the issues

I highly recommend reading ABCD2199s post about credit rebuilding rules here in this forum. They're pretty solid. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't let me post screenshots, so I'll type it out.

Smith rouchn. $221.00 collection
Entergy ms. Closed. Open account
Entergy ms. Closed. Open account
Merrick bk. Closed. Credit card
Capital one. Closed. Credit card
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And my credit score is 498. If any more information is needed to help I will gladly provide it. Thanks again

- Randy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there -

You're going to need to give more information than you have in order to get the best advice. I don't know what Smith rouchn is, and I assume others might not either. I would say it would be helpful to know the original creditor, the collections agency, and how long it's been in collection. 

Were the closed accounts closed by the lenders? Do you have unpaid balances? If yes, what are they? Have they sent collection notices?

Do you have any positive TL's? School loans, car loan, paid and on time credit card?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.