cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine DOFD. Report or DV Letter?

tag
Will_Do

Determine DOFD. Report or DV Letter?

I have 2 accounts in collection (account status=closed, one with a past due balance and one with a balance) on my EX and I want to know the DOFD to determine if they should be dropped off my credit report due to CRTP. I want to know:

• Should I assume the “Date Opened” of 2009 is the DOFD or should I send DV letters to each creditor to determine the DOFD?
  • Do I want to even send DV letters on acounts that are closed? Should I just wait for the CRTP to reach 7/7.5 yrs from 2009 or can I do something about this now?

Starting Score: 627
Current Score: 634
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Determine DOFD. Report or DV Letter?

You cannot be past due with a CA.

EX does not list a DoFD.   They list a drop off date.  You have to get that report for annualcreditreport.com or directly from their website.

No, the date opened does not determine the DoFD.  That is the date the CA acquired the debt.  It would have to be before that date.

You can't send a DV to an OC but you can call them and ask what the DoFD is.  You can also contact the CRA and as what the FCRA Compliance Date is.

Message 2 of 4
Will_Do

Thanks for the response guiness56. I got my EX from annualcreditreport.com as you suggested, do you think the DOFD is the field named "Date opened", "Date of Status" or "Reported Since" for CA accounts?  Also, I will also call the CRA and ask for the compliance data based on the FCRA. Thanks again.

Starting Score: 627
Current Score: 634
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The DoFD is neither of those dates.  It would be listed as DoFD.  However, EX does not have that date, they have a will report until __________ date.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.