Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining DOFD

tag
rob22
New Contributor

Re: Determining DOFD

As per your advice I went to equifax and I did see a notation that this account is scheduled to continue on record until 2012 does that make the DOFD 2005?  The my fico version shows that TU says date closed as 11 2005.  I do not see anything in the statements they sent me that shows that the payment frequency or amounts were much different in November of 2005 from the way they were since 2000. Is there some way to determine if the account went to internal collections in Nov 05.  any other thought as to why the drop off date is 2012 and not 2013 which is 7 years after theaccount actually showed as charged off?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Determining DOFD

rob22 wrote:

As per your advice I went to equifax and I did see a notation that this account is scheduled to continue on record until 2012 does that make the DOFD 2005?  The my fico version shows that TU says date closed as 11 2005.  I do not see anything in the statements they sent me that shows that the payment frequency or amounts were much different in November of 2005 from the way they were since 2000. Is there some way to determine if the account went to internal collections in Nov 05.  any other thought as to why the drop off date is 2012 and not 2013 which is 7 years after theaccount actually showed as charged off?

I've never seen EQ show a removal date, only a DOFD.

Are you sure that isn't from EX or TU?

At any rate, if removal is 2012, then DOFD is 7 - 7 1/2 years before that date.

DOFD is the first late that led to the CO, not the date of the CO itself.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.