Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dewdrop credit rebuilding log

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Dewdrop credit rebuilding log

So I called Chase again yesterday and they confirmed that they received a copy of my driver license that was acceptable as proof of physical address and that they hadn't "verified" my address yet but that my application is basically complete and that I should call back sometime next week for a decision. I am confident that if they try to verify my address they should have no problem since the house there is in my Dad's name which is the same last name as mine. I have zero balance on all  my cards except for 1 that has a balance of 3 dollars and 20 cents so my scores should be pretty much optimised if they try to pull them again. i don't want to app for anything else til this Chase thing gets resolved because I don't want to hurt my chances in any way.

Message 31 of 68
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

That would be a great card! Sounds like its going well
EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 32 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I got credit cards and started my rebuilding journey to help my credit. I was really irresponsible with credit cards in the past and I don't make much money so I have to keep at the forefront of my strategy and keep reminding myself that more important than CLIs or strategies to get them is to remember that I was irresponsible with credit cards in the past and got into debt and a lot of trouble so I have to remember that the most important thing is to stay out of debt. So if employng strategies to get CLIs puts me at risk of going into debt again and getting sloppy with my bills then I should just not carry a balance and forgo the CLIs. I have to remember this and I recommend others who may be like me and who were irresponsible in the past should remember this also.

i am referring to what was discussed in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Ouch-Discover/m-p/2098285#M583524

Message 33 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I called the automated line and put in my social security number. Here is what the automated message said: Congratulations. You have been approved for a Chase Freedom Card with a credit limt of 2000 dollars. I am so excited. This effectively doubles my overall credit limt and also doubles my biggest single limit! Yay... and off to the garden I got for like a year. Thanks for everyone's support and help.

Message 34 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Message 35 of 68
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

https://www2.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/ficoChart?score=6482013051362120130403519201303045...

FAIL!

I'm sure it's good news, so congrats anyway! Smiley Very Happy

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 36 of 68
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom!! That's my next want...in 6-9 months when I have a solid year of payment history on my baby cards.

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 37 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I'm gardening for at least 6 months, then Citi and Amex, here I come......

Message 38 of 68
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

Learn alot from reading your thread. Was looking for someone that i can relate to about rebuilding credit, congrats

Message 39 of 68
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing your journey!

Have you thought about applying for an Amex Charge? You can get it backdated.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 40 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.