Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dewdrop credit rebuilding log

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Dewdrop credit rebuilding log

Checked CK and my Federal Lien was removed from my TU report today..... Walmart score should be coming out soon. Hope I got a bump. Either way its awesome.

Message 11 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Equifax denied my dispute. They said they reverified and that my lien is still there and was not withdrawn. This after the irs and I both sent them proof that it has been withdrawn. What is my recourse now. This is ridiculous. I have been through this process that has taken months and I didn't do all this to have the CRA say that they aren't removing it.

Message 12 of 68
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Checked CK and my Federal Lien was removed from my TU report today..... Walmart score should be coming out soon. Hope I got a bump. Either way its awesome.

Congratulations!!! Sorry to hear about the EQ tho Smiley Sad Hopefully someone with some sense at EQ can help you out.

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 13 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I was on the phone with Equifax for a while yesterday trying to get my federal lien removed from my credit report with them. I logged into their website this morning to find that it had been deleted. So 2 down, experian to go. I logged into the EX dispute site today also and my lien is still on the report and is flagged as being under investigation. I am very excited to see my new and improved credit reports and I can't wait for my Walmart fico score which should be coming out soon. I am considering whether to purchase and EQ fico score because I am so curious to see if my score improved with this deletion.

Message 14 of 68
Flamenco007

Congrats on your hard work & great success. Give it some time, maybe a few weeks, and then check status with the last CRA. You KNOW it will be deleted since the IRS was receptive to your charm. Please keep us posted

Personally I wouldn't do the Creditbuilder but would go with the Cap One Secured. Common sense

Starting Score: 515 (11/2012)
Current Score: 575 (04/2013)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Nurturing My Garden

BK-7 discharged 11/2012 | last App 3/19/13 | App free until 1/1/2014 |
Message 15 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Flamenco007 wrote:
Congrats on your hard work & great success. Give it some time, maybe a few weeks, and then check status with the last CRA. You KNOW it will be deleted since the IRS was receptive to your charm. Please keep us posted

Personally I wouldn't do the Creditbuilder but would go with the Cap One Secured. Common sense

Thanks. Ya. As it turns out the hassle and risk of having to make payme nts for 18 months isn't worth the very small reward to my credit. It turns out instalment loans just really don't factor into FICO scoring all that much. I have a few more weeks til the loan offer I have in place expires but at this point I don't think I am going to go through with it. 

Message 16 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Lien deleted from EX report today so i am 3 for 3. I called DCU about my creditbuilder loan and they said i would have to deposit 1000 dollars in the bank to secure it. It was my understanding that I don't need to deposit anything in the bank for a creditbuilder loan, that I just set it up then start paying them every month then at the end I get the 1000 dollars. I suspect that it is possible the CSR got it wrong on the phone. I am going to call back and try to talk to someone else tom. I am probably not going to do th credit builder loan since it is to much work for a small effect on score. I am going to probably hold out for another unsecured credit card as my next TL. I am anxious to establish my third TL and get it aging....

Message 17 of 68
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

My most recent fico score from Walmart came out and my TU score jumped 102 points from 519 to 621. Yay!

Message 18 of 68
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

WOW!!!!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 68
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Very nice job dddewdrop!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Message 20 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.