Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I Do Something Wrong???

tag
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Did I Do Something Wrong???

I recently took my name off the Do Not Call List because I thought it was going to help me to obtain credit since my scores are better but ever since I have it seems I'm getting more request for settlements on very old accounts. What do I do??
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong???

Keep in mind unpaid debt never goes away. How old are the debts?

Message 2 of 5
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

At least 12 years or more.
1. Will they reappear on my credit report
2. Is it a result of my name being put back in the hat to receive credit offers. Just seems coincidental that they started coming back at me
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Being 12 yrs old I would offer 10% and be done with them and no they can not be put back on your credit report. 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Receiving promotional offers for credit is unrelated to your name being placed on the Do Not Call list.

Parties can obtain lists of consumers directly from the CRAs that meet certain, specified criteria.  Once a party has obtained such a list, they must make that party a "firm offer" for credit, and if the consumer then applies and is found to meet the specified criteria for which the creditor obtained their name, they must grant the firm offer.

Provision for being included or excluded from such listings is under the "opt out" provisions of the FCRA, unrelated to the telephone do not call register.

As for the relevance of the Do Not Call register as it relates to debt collectors, I am confused as to its relevance.

They are not solicting, but rather attempting collection of actual debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.