Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just beat Fedloan!!??

tag
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Did I just beat Fedloan!!??

Fedloan has been reporting 180+ late on all bureaus which encompases 6 or my 7 late payment accounts.

Today I called all my previous schools for transcripts and finally had proof that I was in school full time or in the 6 month forbearance period...over the dates they report as late.

I emailed them to accountinfo@myfedloan.org and I asked them politely to review and remove all delinquencies.

I never really had supporting documentation submitted in the past...but do you guys/gals think this will suffice? Did I beat the unbeatable??

If in fact I do...I am dancing around wondering where my 619 credit score will jump to once these show paid on time 100%.

Justin

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Did I just beat Fedloan!!??

Did yu send your documentation as support for a direct dispute, or simply as a request for their review?

It should have been sent as a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8) in order to impose a 30-day period for conclusion of their investigation.

Only their response will determine whether they concur.

Message 2 of 15
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I asked for a review :/ But if it's wrong it's wrong right?

Message 3 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The issue if one of placing them under a required period for investigation and response.

The dispute processes under the FCRA require completion of a reasonable investigation within 30 days, and sending a formal notice of results within 5 business days thereafter.

Informal communications impose no time period for investigation or response, and no requirement that the resulting investigation be legally reasonable.

Stated differently, if they simply respond to a general inquiry, you cannot bring cvil action for lack of a reasonable investigation of your dispute.

Message 4 of 15
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I'll be contacting them again or the CRA's and dispute with documentation then it sounds. Thank you for clearing it up for me

Message 5 of 15
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Went through the dispute process with all 3 bureaus. Supporting documents uploaded on EQ and EX. TU was a pain in the butt, but I will snail mail the documents to them tomorrow. I can only hope for the best now.

I am pretty sure that after being enrolled full time, you are on 6 month forbearance after last date of enrollment. If everything holds up I will be 100% on fedloan. Its going to be a long month :/

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep us updated.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been fighting with fed loan also. In 2014 they reported 1 loan as late 2 times. Makes no sense since I graduated only 5 months earlier. However I was consolidating loans at the time so just in case I got a forbearance until consolidation was final. I have the approval letter. I have contacted all 3 cra's with the letter and still nothing changes. I don't know if fedloan is just overburdened or what but cras just update the loan as paid, that's it. The lates never got removed even with proof. I don't understand any of it.

Im curious if you'll have better luck

Message 8 of 15
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I spoke with a guy higher up directly. Told him the situation. And that it's been disputed a few times over the years...and that I was hesitant because I didn't want a frivolous dispute. He named the dates late and I told him based on my student ledger I was full time.

His advice was "well that's a game changer. Send your ledgers and transcripts and we will remove accordingly" So well see

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just faxed off another round of letters to them. Along with my tarnscript which shows my date of graduation. Heres hoping for luck for both of us!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.