Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just make a hugeeee mistake??????

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Did I just make a hugeeee mistake??????

I just opened a new credit report from equifax to see if my PFD took to effect ( btw can't locate confirmation number) and I went the item has not been removed so I proceeded to dispute the fact that CA agreed to delete and as I was disputing the item it hit the continue button and it wasn't showing any confirmation tat it went through so I restarted the process and again no confirmation letting me know the dispute went through succesfully!!!

Did I just screw up compleely having the same item disputed twice in one day to where they'll flag me or did it just not go through? It shows no pending disputes when i checked the dispute status?!?!? please help Smiley Sad

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did I just make a hugeeee mistake??????

You are probably better off if it is not showing any disputes.  As many here would tell you, it is against the CRAs policy to delete accurate information because of a payoff agreement, so they won't even investigate it.  You are better off contacting the company who said they would delete and ask them to update their records ooor just wait it out. 

Message 2 of 8
PRC
New Contributor

It typically takes 2 to 4  weeks for an item to be deleted.  I did have two CRAs  that took longer and i disputed (by mail) with EQ and TU (EX had already deleted).  I provided the proof that OC stated they had submitted a deletion to them and that it was suppose to be deleted.  Both CRA deleted the entry.  I would suggest never to dispute online I always write them and explain in great detail the item and issue in question and I always embed an image of the item within the document.  To me it's easier.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8
percy81
Frequent Contributor

But did i already send the disputes?? It never showed me that my dispute went through...will they send you an email stating the received my dispute etc?

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 4 of 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

@lisamar81 wrote:

But did i already send the disputes?? It never showed me that my dispute went through...will they send you an email stating the received my dispute etc?

Yes, I have disputed thru EQ online before, they should send you an e-mail stating that they have received your information and will let you know the results with a confirmation # once they're done investigating. Check your SPAM folder just in case you missed it! 

Your e-mail should say something like this:

Subject: Equifax Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXXX - Dispute Received

Dear Name Provided,

We have received your request to dispute information contained in your Equifax credit file; we've started processing your dispute and will continue to keep you posted on the status of your dispute by sending periodic email notifications.

Track Anytime!
You may view the results of your dispute online.*

To view the status of your dispute, you will need your dispute Confirmation Number:

XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for giving Equifax the opportunity to serve you!

Message 5 of 8
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Phew!!! No email and i checked my spam folder and nothing either....which means i didn't submit properly Smiley Wink Thanks everyone!!

Goal 800+
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont think that the mistake is in how many times the button was pushed, but rather in having disputed at all.

The issue is not one of accuracy of their prior reporting.  It is enforcement of a private deal.  As was stated, the CRAs arent an arbitror of compliance of parties with private agreements, and additionally the CRAs dont support deletion based on a payment of a debt.

An unnecessary dispute flag, in my opinion.....

Message 7 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Lisamar I was hVING A PROBLEM WITH eQUIFAX THIS PAST WEEK re a dispure. it kept sending me emails with same # that they received dispute. After talking with rep she said they were experiencing some sort of technical issues with the computers.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.