cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I wake up the bear-Key Bank? (Student Loan Charge-offs)

tag
aldex
Valued Member

Did I wake up the bear-Key Bank? (Student Loan Charge-offs)

Hello,

Today, I received 8 notices from Alied International Credit (AIC) about the charge offs I had with Key Bank. They mentioned that Key Bank had attempted to reach me but failed. I haven't heard from them in years! My last payment was in Aug of 2009. In total, it is about 70K. I've made progress with rehabilitating my federal loans at the end of last year, and only have one payment left on another settlement.

I'm at a lost as to what to do. I moved earlier this year, have a slightly better paying job which has allowed me to settle the other one sooner.I wanted to attack the most recent and smallest debts first before I could even think about what to do with Key Bank. I'm slowly making progress on my credit, but if this shows up as a collection on top of a Charge-off that already exists I feel like it'll just kill my credit for the rest of my life. Someday, I would like to settle it all, but I can't.

Does anyone know who AIC is? Their letter doesn't have any suggestion as far as payment option. It's pretty much, here's the amount and the the ways that you could pay it-Western Union, Debit/Bank Card at select location, Money order and through a website.

Should I do a DV?

Should I contact Key Bank First?

I currently live in VA.  I'm not looking to buy a house anytime soon, but I would like to clean my report up enough so that I can rent a decent apartment on my own.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Did I wake up the bear-Key Bank? (Student Loan Charge-offs)

Are they all federally insured or guaranteed student loans?

Message 2 of 3
aldex
Valued Member

Re: Did I wake up the bear-Key Bank? (Student Loan Charge-offs)

No, I do not believe that they are since they are private loans. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.