cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did PFD and now get "settlement" update on report.

tag
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

Did PFD and now get "settlement" update on report.

So I did a PFD and was faxed a paper stating they would indeed delete my reporting to the 3 bureaus.  I paid last week and today I get an alert that my score has a potential negative.  I look and see this, "Payment Status: Settlement reported".

I mean **bleep**.  Now I guess I contact them again and say what should have happened.  Not reporting it as settlement...It angers me because of the PFD AND I paid in full.  I did not settle.  

Wrong either way.

Starting FICO8 June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521 Pre-BK7
Current
FICO8 March 2023: EQ: 703 - EX- 680 - TU: 671
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Did PFD and now get "settlement" update on report.

For whatever reasons, I have seen this happen, not the settlement part, where the TL was updated one week then deleted later on.  It won't hurt to contact them and see what they say.  You do have the letter from them correct?

Message 2 of 4
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

Yes.  Signed and everything.  I am calling tomorrow to the person who signed it and it has her extension direct.  Hopefully she says its all set and will delete soon and that this was just automatic or something through the system.  

Ive done a lot of work on my credit this past month.  Sometimes its frustating to go a step or two backwards.

Starting FICO8 June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521 Pre-BK7
Current
FICO8 March 2023: EQ: 703 - EX- 680 - TU: 671
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like you have a clealy enforceable written contract, wherein you have met your end of the contract.

I highly doublt they will attempt to renig.  Most lkely, the payment passed thru their accounting department, was processed, and the act of credit report deletion is handled by the other hand.  Give it some time.

If not deleted within a reasonable time, simply file action in small claims court for breach of contract.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.