cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did my debt get passed on to another CA?

tag
ecrad17
New Contributor

Did my debt get passed on to another CA?

I have a debt with Lvnv that I was getting ready to PFD. Last month I got a letter from JC Christensen stating that they were collecting on behalf of Lvnv and offered me a settlement. Today I received another letter stating the same thing, except they decreased the payoff settlement by 10%.

So, three questions...

1. Will Lvnv come off of my report since the debt has moved or does Lvnv still own my debt?

2. Should I DV or just PFD them? Do I offer to pay their settlement or the full amount? I'd love for all three creditors to fall off at once!

3. How do I get Lvnv and the OC off my report after it's paid? GW??

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Did my debt get passed on to another CA?

@ecrad17 wrote:

I have a debt with Lvnv that I was getting ready to PFD. Last month I got a letter from JC Christensen stating that they were collecting on behalf of Lvnv and offered me a settlement. Today I received another letter stating the same thing, except they decreased the payoff settlement by 10%.

So, three questions...

1. Will Lvnv come off of my report since the debt has moved or does Lvnv still own my debt?

2. Should I DV or just PFD them? Do I offer to pay their settlement or the full amount? I'd love for all three creditors to fall off at once!

Best way to figure this out is to check your reports what's being reported.

Two things could happen: LVNV can be removed or report a -0- balance while JC adds another entry to your report. This would happen if LVNV sold the debt.

What looks like is happening is that JC is just doing LVNV's dirty work, collecting on their behalf. Since they don't own it, they will not do any reporting and LVNV will continue to.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 13
ecrad17
New Contributor

I'm pretty sure JCC is just doing the collectiong. They aren't on my CR and Lvnv is still reporting and still increasing my balance monthly. So do I just GW Lvnv and the OC? I've heard that Lvnv is really tough to work with - which is part of the reason I haven't tackled it yet.

Message 3 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@ecrad17 wrote:

I'm pretty sure JCC is just doing the collectiong. They aren't on my CR and Lvnv is still reporting and still increasing my balance monthly. So do I just GW Lvnv and the OC? I've heard that Lvnv is really tough to work with - which is part of the reason I haven't tackled it yet.

Yeah...might as well see if they will do a PFD like you were planning to in the beginning.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were you I would first check your CR and make sure LVNV is reporting accurately. Are they reaging your account, is the type account that they are reporting accurate? For example is it listed as a collection or an opened account? They are notorious for doing stuff like that. They were on my report inaccurately so I filed a BBB complaint against them and they were off in two weeks. If you search on the forums you can find a lot of info on them.
Message 5 of 13
ecrad17
New Contributor

How do you know if it's being re-aged? I don't think the delete date has changed, but they continue to update with a balance increase every month. In the letter from JCC, they listed the OC correctly, but it is not listed correctly on TU. It is listed as open and in collections. It's also shows Lvnv as a factoring company and I have read posts where some say its fraudulent for them to do this. Is this true?

Message 6 of 13
ecrad17
New Contributor

After doing some reading I'm guessing that JCC is just another resurgent company. Could I PFD JCC, but request that Lvnv delete? I don't trust Lvnv to delete with a GW after I pay. Or, do I just PFD Lvnv since JCC isn't reporting?

Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@ecrad17 wrote:

So, three questions...

Best way to figure this out is to check your reports what's being reported.

Two things could happen: LVNV can be removed or report a -0- balance while JC adds another entry to your report. This would happen if LVNV sold the debt.

What looks like is happening is that JC is just doing LVNV's dirty work, collecting on their behalf. Since they don't own it, they will not do any reporting and LVNV will continue to.

This sounds correct.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I have an LVNV account reporting as an INSTALLMENT account. **bleep** is up with that???

Message 9 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@ecrad17 wrote:

After doing some reading I'm guessing that JCC is just another resurgent company. Could I PFD JCC, but request that Lvnv delete? I don't trust Lvnv to delete with a GW after I pay. Or, do I just PFD Lvnv since JCC isn't reporting?

I'd say PFD LVNV since they are the ones reporting.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.