cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did my debt get passed on to another CA?

tag
ecrad17
New Contributor

Re: Did my debt get passed on to another CA?

They're making me so mad! I have an offer from JCC for close to what the charge-off was for, but Lvnv seems to think that their services are worth $500 extra. I wish my time was worth that, then maybe I wouldn't have had the charge-off in the first place!!!

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Certainly, I would rather PFD the party who has in fact reported, as that is a done deal that needs deletion.

However, there is nothing prohibiting debt collector 2 from reporting simply because either debt collector 1 owns the debt or has reported to a CRA.

The owner of a debt has the right to seek collection assistance from another.

If they have legitimate collection authority, they are permitted to report. I would not assume that the fact that they have not yet reported means they wont or cant.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest giving a PFD with the OC, and make it clear that you will only deal with the OC.  Offer them the lowest amount you got form a debt collector.    While you're at it, you should do a DV on these two debt collectors to figure out who really has the authority to collect on the debt (it may be neither of them, because neither of them may be licensed in your state, for instance.) 

OCs are generally standup businesses, while CAs are generally just the legal side of scammers.   Better to deal with the OC in a PFD situatin because you can trust them more. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.