Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did some applying last week and here is what I got so far

tag
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Did some applying last week and here is what I got so far

So before I got the fraud alert I did some applying and here are som approvals. They are all mainly store cards but they help when building credit

HSN: $1,000

Buckle: $ 300

Express: $300

Jcrew: $300

Capital One Secured: $200 ($99 down)

Eddie Bauer: $300

Kohls: $300

Cards I already had on my credit:

Credit one: $400

First PRemier: $700

Fingerhut: $750

I went from a 450 credit score in 2012 and currently have scores that range from 580 to 610

I have 1 unpaid judgment from 2011, about 6 collections, and 4 chargeoffs. The collections and chargeoffs are set to fall off in 2017.

This site is amazing. I am going to stop applying and allow my credit report to settle and focus on cleaning stuff up for the next go around which hopefully will be actual major credit card approvals rather than store cards. Also for anyone rebuilding I HIGHLY reccomend checking out Comenity store cards...They are almost too easy to get approved and I noticed a few of them were soft pulls instead of hard pulls.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Did some applying last week and here is what I got so far

@MRsolis wrote:

So before I got the fraud alert I did some applying and here are som approvals. They are all mainly store cards but they help when building credit

I went from a 450 credit score in 2012 and currently have scores that range from 580 to 610

I have 1 unpaid judgment from 2011, about 6 collections, and 4 chargeoffs. The collections and chargeoffs are set to fall off in 2017.

This site is amazing. I am going to stop applying and allow my credit report to settle and focus on cleaning stuff up for the next go around which hopefully will be actual major credit card approvals rather than store cards. Also for anyone rebuilding I HIGHLY reccomend checking out Comenity store cards...They are almost too easy to get approved and I noticed a few of them were soft pulls instead of hard pulls.

Do you remember which of the above were soft pulls?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 2 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats, however, I would suggest you visit Capital One to see what they can offer you.  Getting rid of thoe high fee's card would be best.

GL

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

Congrats, however, I would suggest you visit Capital One to see what they can offer you.  Getting rid of thoe high fee's card would be best.

GL

+1, Cap1 will allow you to have multiple accounts and are one of the best for rebuilding.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Definitely look into Cap1.  They've been the biggest help to my rebuilding too!!  Their CLIs after 3 statements of good use are great too!

Scores 4/14-TU512 EX-498 EQ-508

Scores 6/5/15-TU 691 EX-623 EQ-643

Message 5 of 12
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

You know I think I was mistaken. MyFico has been a day or two behind on sending me alerts so I saw that they did hard pull

@2b2rich wrote:

@MRsolis wrote:

Do you remember which of the above were soft pulls?

Message 6 of 12
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

I tried to apply for the Capital One Platinum card but was denied . I have a CO from them currently on my credit so I was surprised I even got approved for the Secured Card.

Message 7 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I'd definitely put a halt to the store card applications as well... you have more than enough to build a solid profile and a wallet full of toy limit store cards definitely won't help you in the long run.  You'll end up closing cards to open doors to bigger and better lenders.

I only have 2... Best Buy $3500 and Nordstrom $2500.  Both can be converted to MC/VISA to go with all my other major CC's.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MRsolis wrote:

I tried to apply for the Capital One Platinum card but was denied . I have a CO from them currently on my credit so I was surprised I even got approved for the Secured Card.

Try SCT to get Sportsman's Guide, Camping World, and Total Rewards Visas. Then get rid of Credit One and First Premier,

Message 9 of 12
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

I'd definitely put a halt to the store card applications as well... you have more than enough to build a solid profile and a wallet full of toy limit store cards definitely won't help you in the long run.  You'll end up closing cards to open doors to bigger and better lenders.

I only have 2... Best Buy $3500 and Nordstrom $2500.  Both can be converted to MC/VISA to go with all my other major CC's.

Thank you for the input. You know I heard a lot of people get approved for the Barclay Card and so I tried and was denied and when I called the Recon line they said they cannot approve me because of some chargeoffs. The charge offs are from 2010 and 2011....Has anyone gotten approved for a barclay card with chargeoffs? Should I call back and speak with someone else? Thank you

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.